Recommendation for non-aerial camera?

Reaction score
I enjoy putting together aerial videos like this (
) but I'm looking to buy a camera/video camera for the ground to also use in my videos. Any recommendations for a setup under $1,000?

I'm hoping that it can do slow-motion and also nice depth-of-field transitions while filming. 4K would be nice but not required.

You guys have gear in your arsenal that you use for that sort of thing?

I've seen/heard great things about the DJI Osmo. You'll need an external mic, though.

Hmmm... maybe the new Osmo with X5 adapter, whenever that decides to come out?

I enjoy putting together aerial videos like this (
) but I'm looking to buy a camera/video camera for the ground to also use in my videos. Any recommendations for a setup under $1,000?

I'm hoping that it can do slow-motion and also nice depth-of-field transitions while filming. 4K would be nice but not required.

You guys have gear in your arsenal that you use for that sort of thing?
I use the fz1000, it shoots 4k and takes cheap batteries. I love it, would recommend. (NOT THE FZ100 THE FZ1000 - COMMON MISTAKE)

if you want some nice shallow DOF in your shots, it's a good time to get a mirrorless camera.

i shoot with a sony a7, a sony NEX 5R and an Olympus O-MD E-M5.

i love them all for varying uses. i don't shoot much video with them but any of the current and previous generation Olympus micro 4/3 cameras will be very good for that use since they have in-body stabilization if you need to shoot hand-held.

I use the fz1000, it shoots 4k and takes cheap batteries. I love it, would recommend. (NOT THE FZ100 THE FZ1000 - COMMON MISTAKE)
I'm going to +1 the Lumix FZ-1000. It's my favorite camera and this includes dslrs and micro 4/3 cameras.
Sample shot.
P1070031.jpg

Last edited:
My Nikon D800 with the new Nikkor 80-400mm lens is like having a phantasmagoria, good time. Hahaha
Zoom in, zoom out and all around. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik