Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Recommend me a good screen for the P3 iPad ect...

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by GB Phantom, Apr 11, 2015.

1. GB Phantom

Which is the best screen for bright sunny days, I'm thinking about getting an iPad 2, whats your experience?

After some research the answer to my question would be,,, iPad air 2 followed by Nvidia shield.

The shield as hdmi mirrored output which would allow the use of fpv goggles.

#1 GB Phantom, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. JdotB

Me too. I've already sold my iPad 4, with plans on getting a new iPad Air 2. From their website: "Antireflective coating reduces glare by 56 per cent for clear, readable views whether indoors or outdoors"
    and
    "iPad Air 2 features a custom-designed antireflective coating that reduces glare by 56 percent, making it the least reflective tablet in the world. In virtually any kind of environment — offices, classrooms, outdoors — everything is clearer and more readable."

3. GB Phantom

Nvidia shield is second best to the iPad air 2 according to the inspire forum also the shield as mirrored hdmi output so its possible to use f[v goggles which is a big plus.

#3 GB Phantom, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  4. JdotB

So assuming I get an iPad Air 2, is there any need to get the cellular version? And what about storage capacity? Lots of options there and quite a price range too.

5. skyhighdiver

I have been flying for over a year with my ipad air on my phantom and it works great I did install a anti glair shield on the ipad and have this shield as well http://www.ebay.com/itm/261808442882

6. Shatty

Whats sucks is I just bought the V+ v3 last Sunday. Found out it had the ESC 2.0. Spoke to dealer and hes taking it back and exchanging with P3. But the sucky thing is I bought a dedicated Android phone (Galaxy Core Prime) to use with it so I dont have to use my phone and interrupt my flight if a call comes in. Now I see that the P3 allows you to use a tab with the remote. Meaning the mount is big enough for the tab unlike the P2 remote being able to only use a phone. Good thing I have an Ipad 2 Air lying around lol. But now Im stuck with this phone.

7. fancy19

Hrm, I only have an Ipad mini (not mini 2 or mini 3) and a galaxy S4......I dont think either of those are supported based on the DJI site, can anyone confirm otherwise?

8. Advexure

Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    We do almost all of our flying with the iPad Mini 3's. For pilot training programs we use the iPad Air 2 simply for a bigger display for a couple to look on. For practical use the Mini 3 is the way to go. The right size between the 6+ and Air 2.

9. fancy19

It lets me install the pilot app on the S4, but not the ipad mini....does it mean it will work on the S4?

10. Phantom751874

Mini 2 for the win, it's the same as a Mini 3 but cheaper and no Touch ID home button (not a big deal).

Advexure likes this.
  11. Advexure

Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    Sounds good to me! To be honest we didn't look at the specs too closely when we picked up our Minis back in December..just had to have the newest :eek:

12. Apparition

Touch ID is great but probably not worth any extra money.

Advexure likes this.
  13. yhern023

What about ipad 4 with retina display. Has anyone tried??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk