Recommend a transmitter to be mounted inside phantom 1

Reaction score
Hey guys!!

Why issit there a sub folder for phantom 1. :(

Anyway... I've got myself a 1.1.1 and have been trying to get fpv unit.

I got a feiyu gimbal that works okay... But the footprint takes up all the bottom if the phantom 1.

So far i have seen mostly transmitter are mounted at the outside if the phantom. Anyone's that i can mount inside? I duh mind drilling a hole that I can bring out the antenna....

hellhole said:
Hey guys!!

I got a feiyu gimbal that works okay... But the footprint takes up all the bottom if the phantom 1.

So far i have seen mostly transmitter are mounted at the outside if the phantom. Anyone's that i can mount inside? I duh mind drilling a hole that I can bring out the antenna....

You are in the wrong area my friend. I also think you have your terminology confused. A transmitter is your radio. If you are referring to the gimbal, what holds your camera.....there's no room inside the Phantom for it. Good Luck!

FangsCPO said:
hellhole said:
Hey guys!!

You are in the wrong area my friend. I also think you have your terminology confused. A transmitter is your radio. If you are referring to the gimbal, what holds your camera.....there's no room inside the Phantom for it. Good Luck!

I think he was ref: a transmitter for his FPV/video - to answer that - yes you can but it's not recommended becasue they get warm and there's not alot of airflow inside the Phantom to keep it cool. It can and has been done.

Yes. I did think of the transmitter getting hot....

Maybe I should built a bracket to mount it. Would the phantom balanced?

I have got the same set up as you and i have double sided my tx to the side of the battery compartment.

regards

Lee

So no issue it being too heavy and flapping the battery door open??

U do mean the battery compartment door right?

hellhole said:

To the bottom side of Phantom (below battery compartment)

EMCSQUAR said:
hellhole said:

To the bottom side of Phantom (below battery compartment)
That's what I've seen posted by others. You could also look on YouTube and see what others have done. That's usually a great source for ideas and help in the form of a step by step video. Good Luck!

There is absolutely no space there for that. My gimbal is far too big...I did find a bracket that lower the gimbal and free up space to put the transmitter.... But... Alas... I found out that the feiyu gimbal can't be control by the default p1 controller level... FML....

hellhole said:
There is absolutely no space there for that. My gimbal is far too big...I did find a bracket that lower the gimbal and free up space to put the transmitter.... But... Alas... I found out that the feiyu gimbal can't be control by the default p1 controller level... FML....

The Feiyu gimbal shouldn't block you from using that mount I linked above...? The mount goes on the back of the Phantom, the gimbal should be on the front.

As for not controlling it from the P1 controller lever...are you sure about that? Dewey has one of those gimbals and I thought he said he could control the pitch just fine with the lever. Might have taken some tinkering, but I'm pretty sure he got it working. I'll msg him to see if he has any insight on that for you.

yes!! i figured it out!!!

i checked the cable again..and then had to change the frequency to 400Mhz... done!!! woohoo!!!

so happy!!! now on to FPV...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj