Recommend a laptop for 4K editing

look for laptops with i7 6700HQ and 16GB Ram, don't look at the processors with a U at the end make sure you get a HQ, what is your budget? it might help us recommend one for you.

Reactions: Καλλιστώ
Budgets around £500 -£600.What I'm after doing is putting the videos on YouTube but I want them to be 4K.I have heard I can reduce the quality in Proxy ......I'm after any advice thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a Toshiba satellite running on an I7 with 12GB of ram and it handles it ok. Go to very.co.uk and get the buy now pay 12 months later 0% as that helped me purchase my drone and batteries from their too

Neon Euc

I had a Toshiba Satellite and it would overheat and crash on video editing and it was slow - like days on big files. You need to look for some gamer's version (MSI, Alienware, Sager, etc.) that has some processing, storage, and video power behind it. Also, video files are huge and even the guys with the SSD carded-up new Inspires will fill a half a terabyte of video that takes two hours just to transfer over USB into their computer. To edit that you also need a whole lotta drive space. I had to upgrade my SSD card in the computer to 1 terabyte too as the 256GB SSD C:\ drive wouldn't handle the 4K video, and that goes onto a scratch 1 TB hard drive too that is also too small now. Ugh!

Sorry for late reply. The model I have is L50-C-22Q and it works perfect for me so far

Neon Euc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.