Recommend a 17x13x8 backpack for air traval

Reaction score
I need a personal bag for P3P thats no larger then 17x13x8 (Sprite airline)
I have the GPC but theres no way they would let that slide.
The best i can find is:17.7''*12.2'''*8.7'
I waS in cancun in feburary and regreted not having the P3P
I'm headed back in june for 12 days and plan on bringing the P3P as a personal,and have the 1 carry-on for $30.
Sprite charges for everything but personal bag
Any ideals

I bought this bag a week ago, and I like it. It fits my P3P and a DSLR, plus my accessories. It also fits within your size requirements.

Amazon.com : Backpack for DJI Quadcopter Drones, Phantom 4, Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 4K, Phantom 2, Phantom Fits Extra Accessories GoPro Cameras and Laptop : Camera & Photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like a winner to me.
I dont know where I came up with 8x13x17,
but the personal bag size is 12x14x16.
Either way ,your bag looks like a winner
Thank you

Reactions: MrGarvey
I got the pack today,It's tight but I think it's gonna work.Does anyone have a clue what spreader bar is between the landing gear on the enclosed picture ?It looks like a spreader bar and gimble lock all in one Or recommended a bar? I wouldent feel safe traveling with this bag with out one.
upload_2016-5-13_11-57-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-13_11-53-16.png
    upload_2016-5-13_11-53-16.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 382
I got the pack today,It's tight but I think it's gonna work.Does anyone have a clue what spreader bar is between the landing gear on the enclosed picture ?It looks like a spreader bar and gimble lock all in one Or recommended a bar? I wouldent feel safe traveling with this bag with out one.
View attachment 53576
That looks like a nice bag! This is the camera guard I use.
P3 Carbon Fiber Camera Guard

View attachment 53576

It's a gimbal guard. I have one from Polar Pro. Definitely recommend.

Fplvert
MrGarvey gave me the lead on it(thank you MrGarvey)
I'm not really looking for a Camera /gimbal guard. Im looking for camera/gimbal lock.
It's a decent bag,Lots of storage, Add a couple S biners for water bottle and flashlight and I'm good to go.
The measurements listed are 16.4 x 12.6 x 7.9 inches ,BUT
Actual measurements are 18x12x10. It can be pushed down(without damaging the P3P) to get the airline requirement of 12x14x16 A couple of rok straps will be hooked up Just in case ;)
It definitely wont give the protection the GPC back pack has ,but it's not as bulky and lighter so it will be easier to haul around on my back all day. Just got to remember its not a GPC.
This bag will only be used for airline free personal travel bag, other then that it's in the GPC.

tcope,,,I like how it locks both legs to the gimbal ,I thought it was a gimbal lock with a lense protector built in ,but zooming in I see it's not.That might be something one of you 3D printer guys might come up with:rolleyes:

MrGarvey
I think its a gimbal lock.
I have gimbal guards,I just dont use them .. BUT ,,I will be incorporating one into a rig for fishing .;)

Reactions: Fplvert

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20