Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

rechargeable AA's in transmitter

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by leekiya, Dec 13, 2014.

1. leekiya

I have been using rechargeable Pansonic 1900mah battery's in my transmitter for six months now and only just discovered that rechargeable's are only 1.2v and not 1.5v like standard battery's. Will my transmitter signal be weak, am i best to switch to normal AA'S. cheers for reading

2. 4wd

4wd

No, it really does't make any difference.

3. leekiya

This is good news, cheers for the reply.

4. crash1sttime

I would have thought that having 4x1.5v (6v) would have been better than 4x1.2v (4.8v), i did believe that to achieve the best range meant using non rechargeable batteries.

im no expert though

5. Vintage Mark

My first reaction would be to agree with crash1sttime because you would expect the transmitter power to decrease with supply voltage, however, the transmitter power in the FC40 has a variable setting from CE (lower) to FCC (higher). It is just possible therefore that the output power is actually set (limited) by the circuitry so it is constant as the battery voltage drops as the batteries age. I don't know if this is the case but it is possible.

However, the FC40 transmitter has a warning when the battery voltage drops and if this is not being triggered you should be fine. Indeed your experience has shown that the rechargables give you enough range so if they work for you I wouldn't worry.

How many days flying do you get before you have to recharge them? My duracells have just been replaced (low voltage warning on transmitter) after 34 flights, on about a dozen days.

6. wattage

I got some Nickel Zinc rechargeables for my TX. They're rated 1.6v each but charge to 1.85v.

7. leekiya

Yea i have never had a low battery warning to be fair and have been using them for a while. I all ways make sure they are topped up before flying so maybe that helps as well. cheers guys