Recently Purchased a used P2 and need advice

Reaction score
I have been flying for a couple days and I noticed that one of my motors stutters during start up, but when I take off it seems to work just fine. Do I have a bad motor or esc board? I also notice it gives off a high pitch noise. 2nd issue I have is one of the red lights in front flickers on and off like it doesn't have a solid connection and sometimes goes out completely. Any advice would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have been flying for a couple days and I noticed that one of my motors stutters during start up, but when I take off it seems to work just fine. Do I have a bad motor or esc board? I also notice it gives off a high pitch noise. 2nd issue I have is one of the red lights in front flickers on and off like it doesn't have a solid connection and sometimes goes out completely. Any advice would be great.

Motors seldom go bad. Could some foreign material between the magnets and stators or the wrong screws were put back in after removing prop guards. In order to disassemble the motor you would have remove the small c clips on the bottom of the motor shaft and be careful not to lose brass washer under the c clip.

AS for the blinking front LED open up the shell and check for cold solder connections on the power leads. Other then that you may need to replace the ESC module.

If you live in the US a good place to buy parts is www.bhphotovideo.com

Also helpful when looking for help or where to buy replacement parts you put your location in your personal details page so you are not sent to East Asia.

Looks like it was a bad soldering connection, discovered after a brutal crash. Broke both landing gear, 1 led light out of each esc board (so now the lights don't work on 3 of the arms) and the barometer, any ideas where to order the barometer?

Not knowing where you live whether in the states or out of the country it's impossible to direct you to a source for replacement parts. Go into your personal details page and post your country or state

Reactions: markato
I am in the states, Midwest. I was able to hunt down most of the parts at a hobby store. Only problem I have now are the led lights along the arms. All LEDs are out except for 1 arm. I am guessing I have to replace all 3 esc's in order to get the lights to work. Kind of dumb if 1 of the 3 LEDs in each arm go out, the entire arm is shot. Reminds me of Christmas lights.

And I can't find where to put origin might have to do that from a desktop...

And I can't find where to put origin might have to do that from a desktop...

Have no idea what mean by the above statement.

I order all my parts from www.bhphotovideo.com in NY as they do not jackup prices and free delivery over $49 dollars

Thanks Jason. I was saying I couldnt find where to update my location on my profile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31