Recently Painted a Phantom 3P. Thoughts?

it looks good but painting it takes its value away.
you should have wraped it with a decal skin.

Attachments

• phantom 1.jpg
    phantom 1.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 727
  • phantom 3.jpg
    phantom 3.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 694
  • phantom 2.jpg
    phantom 2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 641
Good paint job, looks like a night flyer.

it looks good but painting it takes its value away.
you should have wraped it with a decal skin.
NO! :eek:
I bought a decal from Ebay for my P2. Left it on for a few weeks, didn't like it. I mostly see the bottom of my quad, that is where I want color. So I pulled the decal off -or tried to. The quad is covered with dark smudges from the adhesive. I've used rubbing alcohol, Goop, a citrus based remover, etc., and nothing is taking the crap off. It is not sticky - it just looks dirty now and the adhesive removers have dulled the finish as well.
So I've bought a new shell to move it to, but have had so much fun flying the P3P and Solo that I have been ignoring the P2.

Painted my P1 flat grey and tangerine - looks great IMO.
Can't imagine how painting a shell devalues the quad?
Have you ever seen what a hand painted shell goes for on Ebay?

Reactions: acherman
NO! :eek:
I bought a decal from Ebay for my P2. Left it on for a few weeks, didn't like it. I mostly see the bottom of my quad, that is where I want color. So I pulled the decal off -or tried to. The quad is covered with dark smudges from the adhesive. I've used rubbing alcohol, Goop, a citrus based remover, etc., and nothing is taking the crap off. It is not sticky - it just looks dirty now and the adhesive removers have dulled the finish as well.
So I've bought a new shell to move it to, but have had so much fun flying the P3P and Solo that I have been ignoring the P2.

Painted my P1 flat grey and tangerine - looks great IMO.
Can't imagine how painting a shell devalues the quad?
Have you ever seen what a hand painted shell goes for on Ebay?

You should have just added another one to the top, cover up the goop.

It looks very nice. IMO if the paint job was done right and it looks good I would think it would add a little to the value. Custom work for something that looks different that everyone else's.

You should have just added another one to the top, cover up the goop.
If I thought a skin was attractive, I might. I didn't like it. It looked like what it was - a decal.

You familiar with the Blade 350QX? From below it has always appeared as the silhouette of a frog in mid leap - so I painted my 350QX to look like a spotted green tree frog. Now that is a thing of beauty! I'll have to find a pic and post it here.

Reactions: brianb87

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik