Recently my GPS has poor reception

Indeed. Does the stock GPS engine on the P2V+ have that capability?

No.

Only P3 Pro, Advanced, and P4 have dual constellation capability

No.

Only P3 Pro, Advanced, and P4 have dual constellation capability

I think its possible with the hack below as the GPS board and antenna does all the sats data gathering and just sends the numbers to NAZA. The NAZA doesn't care how many or type sats, just as long as it can calculate its positioning with 6 or more sats.

Also, if you are upgrading your GPS, consider using a larger thick compass like this:
http://taoglas.com/images/product_images/original_images/CGGBP.35.6.A.02.pdf
Its over kill, but you can upgrade your compass to the below and add the CGGBP.35.6.A.02 puck in the future in case your damage your board.

Then consider a better chip that is compatable with the NAZA on the P2.

Ublox M8N GPS Compatible with DJI NAZA Lite V2 Flight Controller TXWD
The puck is a 6mm thick 35x35 ceramic that can withstand a few crashes. It also picks up all current GPS and Glonass and future proofs for the Chinese and the British sats as well. This will possibly give you more than 16 sats (GPS+Glonass).

I don't have evidence that it will work but I will consider this if my compass goes bananas

I don't want to do this mod as its no longer feasible for my PV2+ as it is my backup unit.

Here is more readings:

neo-8mn Chinese gps puck - why it doesnt work well.
Chinese NAZA GPS - Thread - Page 11 - RC Groups

If GPS was really an issue, I'd be all over it, but the truth is I have absolutely zero problems getting my GPS satellites. It's very rare that I don't have my 7 in less than a minute.

Point is, if somebody is having problems, either a simple mod should fix it, or they have more serious problems.

Also, be aware that your location may be busy with GPS satellites, or in a relatively "quiet" area. Also, time of day determines how many birds are available to you.
Some of us have 10-12 available, while others in a different locale may only have 8-9 available. Depends where you fly.
Found this great website on another thread-
Location Lookup
I have a half hour time in the morning that only 7 sats are available, while 4:30-5:30 there are 10! Check your area, and maybe decide to fly when more are available.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr