Receivers and GPS's oh my! - My First Quadcopter build

Reaction score
I am currently shopping around for parts to build my first Quadcopter which will basically be a DJI f450. I am currently planning on using a DJI DJ6 control and receiver along with a NAZA Lite.

1) However, I have heard that you can experience issues getting the controller to bind to a standalone Naza and DJI receiver. Is this true or do I just need to double check to make sure that I buy a 2.4GHZ controller and receiver and not a mismatched 5.8GHz and 2.4GHz? Or should I just pay extra for the new DT7 which is guaranteed to work?

2) I was also told that because DJI gps's are around $100, it is possible to use non DJI gps's with a NAZA m-lite? first off is this doable, and second off is it a good idea?

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Midwestquads
CityZen said:
1) Should be no issue, as long as rx/tx are matched up properly (2.4 vs. 5.8 Ghz, PPM vs. DBus) (Original 1 antenna receiver and SR6 tx were PPM)
2) You should follow this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2290346

So just to clarify, I should be able to use either a phantom 2 vision/vision+ controller with a phantom 2 vision/vision+ receiver at 5.8 GHz or I can use a phantom 2 controller with a phantom 2 receiver at 2.4 GHz. I would prefer not to use a phantom one controller if I can avoid it due to the lack of automatic return to center.

Yes. The FC40 also has a 5.8 Ghz setup.
Only the early P1's with the SR6 didn't have the return to center. The later ones with the DJ6 had return to center.

CityZen said:
Yes. The FC40 also has a 5.8 Ghz setup.
Only the early P1's with the SR6 didn't have the return to center. The later ones with the DJ6 had return to center.

Am I better to buy a Phantom 2 receiver or a Phantom one receiver? Will a DJ6 transmitter work with a phantom 1 receiver? What is the deal with the two versus one antenna on receivers?

Thanks.

This is what there is:
- P1 1 antenna 2.4 Ghz receiver - PPM - only works with SR6 transmitter, which doesn't have self-centering throttle. 2.4 Ghz
- P1 2 antenna 2.4 Ghz receiver - DBus - works with DJ6 transmitter, which has self-centering throttle, 2.4 Ghz
- P2 - same as above
- P2V/P2V+ 2 antenna 5.8 Ghz receiver - DBus - works with PVT581 transmitter, self-centering throttole, 5.8 Ghz
- P1 FC40 - same as above
- new models of transmitter have "N" in front (NDJ6, NPVT581) - have gimbal tilt wheel, lipo battery, trainer port, etc.

There are variations of the DJ6 - early models had the USB port internal, on later models it's external.
There are also other part numbers; for instance transmitters not sold with a Phantom.
All receivers except the earliest have an extra (ISP) port that allows for potential firmware upgrades. This port can be ignored when connecting to a non-Naza FC.

CityZen said:
This is what there is:
- P1 1 antenna 2.4 Ghz receiver - PPM - only works with SR6 transmitter, which doesn't have self-centering throttle. 2.4 Ghz
- P1 2 antenna 2.4 Ghz receiver - DBus - works with DJ6 transmitter, which has self-centering throttle, 2.4 Ghz
- P2 - same as above
- P2V/P2V+ 2 antenna 5.8 Ghz receiver - DBus - works with PVT581 transmitter, self-centering throttole, 5.8 Ghz
- P1 FC40 - same as above
- new models of transmitter have "N" in front (NDJ6, NPVT581) - have gimbal tilt wheel, lipo battery, trainer port, etc.

There are variations of the DJ6 - early models had the USB port internal, on later models it's external.
There are also other part numbers; for instance transmitters not sold with a Phantom.
All receivers except the earliest have an extra (ISP) port that allows for potential firmware upgrades. This port can be ignored when connecting to a non-Naza FC.

So I just bought a phantom v1 DJ6 controller. Am I better to match a phantom v1 2.4GHz receiver (spare part number 31) with it or am I better to match a phantom v2 2.4 receiver with it (spare part number Part P2-05) . Or is there a difference at all?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4