Receiver wire torn off

Reaction score
I had to transport the dji on a plane in a hurry so I unscrewed the landing gear and propellers, but I forgot to take the tape off the wires. One of the wires managed to get torn off. Any way to fix this? Can it still fly?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0202.jpg
    IMAG0202.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 381
merzbow said:
I had to transport the dji on a plane in a hurry so I unscrewed the landing gear and propellers, but I forgot to take the tape off the wires. One of the wires managed to get torn off. Any way to fix this? Can it still fly?

Thanks
It can be spliced and repaired , you need to,fine someone who can solder proficiently

The antenna wires are actually coax.
A fine center conductor surrounded by insulation and the a fine wire braid with again outside insulation.

Not something you should attempt to splice and then expect your quad to operate properly.

merzbow said:

Thanks

Thats no good... The antenna will have to be replaced. This requires quite a bit of work. I have not done this job yet.... Main board will need to be lifted to gain access to the on board rx. Then adhesive will need to be removed to allow removal of the SMA and the new antenna will go back down in place. I figure on a good hour of work or $70.

If it's an early single-antenna P1, then it's a bit easier - no need to lift the main board.

a new receiver board isn't very expensive and comes with the antenna's attached. Only problem is to get it somewhere. DJI?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj