Receiver question for gurus

Reaction score
Hi all, any chance to mod the P2 from 2.4ghz to 5.8ghz?

Would it be possible to replace the P2 receiver with a P2V receiver?

Thoughts?

Volunteer(s)?

:?:

Attachments

• P2V receiver.png
    P2V receiver.png
    526.4 KB · Views: 464
  • P2 receiver.png
    P2 receiver.png
    220 KB · Views: 461
OI Photography said:
Do you have the 5.8GHz controller to go with it?

If this works definitely would buy one.

It all depends if there is a coding in the Naza that says only talk to this type of receiver. Otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't work. As for volunteering... yeah, good luck with that.

Yeah I was going to say the same thing as Ian, and I've never heard of that being tried. Usually people seem to want to put a 2.4GHz setup on a P2V. I assume your goal in this is to be able to run wifi or something on your P2?

OI Photography said:
Yeah I was going to say the same thing as Ian, and I've never heard of that being tried. Usually people seem to want to put a 2.4GHz setup on a P2V. I assume your goal in this is to be able to run wifi or something on your P2?

Exactly, run the Hero3+ wifi, mod a tablet adding a 2.4 booster + antenna and keep the lowest weight possible of the P2.

FedeVision said:
OI Photography said:

Exactly, run the Hero3+ wifi, mod a tablet adding a 2.4 booster + antenna and keep the lowest weight possible of the P2.

I think you could probably make all that work technically, but it might end up being a fool's errand in the long run...even if you do extend the gopro's wifi range some, you'll never get it anywhere near what a regular FPV setup can give, and the video will have some serious lag to it. The weight of a standard 5.8GHz FPV transmitter is very slight, and it likely isn't worth the amount of effort you'll have to go to just to end up with a sub-optimal solution.

Are you using a Zenmuse or other gimbal on the P2?

OI Photography said:
I think you could probably make all that work technically, but it might end up being a fool's errand in the long run...even if you do extend the gopro's wifi range some, you'll never get it anywhere near what a regular FPV setup can give, and the video will have some serious lag to it. The weight of a standard 5.8GHz FPV transmitter is very slight, and it likely isn't worth the amount of effort you'll have to go to just to end up with a sub-optimal solution.

Are you using a Zenmuse or other gimbal on the P2?

Have a generic 2 axis gimbal so far, guess you are right, doesnt worth the effort and the expenses. Beside, no telemetry.
Well, thank you all for your response.

Answer is yes, is possible to shift from 2.8 to 5.4 and vice-versa:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15504

Note for those who are considering the use of the gopro hero3+ black (and other editions) 2.4 ghz wifi as FPV,
like I did, delay time on video signal is terrible so far, like 5 secs or even more, would not recommend it at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20