"Receiver Advanced Protection Function"

Reaction score
I copied this from somewhere. Can anyone tell me if this description is true?

"You are asked to enable this function by connecting to the Assistant Software, please set it at the section of Basic->R/C-> Receiver Advanced Protection.
If you choose enable it, the FailSafe will be triggered if the following situations occur during flight. According to the difference of the aircraft height, there are two situations.
a) Lower than 100m, the A/E/R channel is not at the mid point.
b) Higher than 100m, the A/E/R channel is not at the mid point or the throttle stick is above the mid point.

In the GPS Mode or ATTI. Mode, if the requirement a) or b) is satisfied, and the output data of four channels A/E/R/T have not changed for 20 seconds, then the aircraft will hover automatically.
After that, if the output data of four channels A/E/R/T still do not any changes and last for 10 seconds, the autopilot system will think that the data from receiver is abnormal, and then enter the FailSafe Mode."

Does anyone know of the specific DJI document that describes this?
I assume the abbreviations of A/E/R/T refer to the stick positions. I believe Collins (DJI guy) talked about this as a remedy for falsely instructed fly-aways.

It's on page 20 of the Naza-M quick start guide v1.24.

However I don't believe it applies to the 'Phantom' version of the Naza-M V2s.

The P2 Fail-safe for loss of control signal is described on page 23 of the (my) Phantom2 User Manual v1.1.and may be on a different page of the Vision and Vision+ manuals.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl