Great review...................I have a couple of questions about how the Phantom 4 fits in the backpack. You said that it fits however I notice that you have some type of protective covers over the prop arms (black). Is that because the P4 is too tall for the backpack? Were they supplied by Polar Pro? If not where did you pick them up?

Since the P4 has the quick connect props, the black motor covers are just for added protection since the tops of the motor comes in contact with the backpack. PolarPro did not provide them but they are very cheap. I got mine off eBay. I also saw where the guy behind the site "phantom help" started 3D printing some quick connect motor covers. Those look nice and I would've went with those if they were out at the time I bought my covers.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: 28wins
Received the Polar Pro Trekker just today - wow am I impressed. It manages to fit everything I need, doesn't look like a crate strapped onto my pack (i.e. not too big), and has all of the nice additions I was looking for (rain cover, water bottle holders, lock, great handles, etc.

It fits my P4, my remote with DBS02 upgraded antenna (without any disassembly), AND my MaxxRange antenna perfectly.

One more thing - I also ordered the Cinema Series lenses - they are SUPER high quality, and include a high quality case. I'm very impressed with the quality and value of these products.

nice review, I looked heavily at this pack. Ended up going with the lowepro 450(not arrived yet) since there was more info on it at the time. But this does look like a great travel pack from a great company, might get this just as alternate anyways.

I looked at both these packs as well - the Lowepro is an excellent product as well. It really comes down to whether you want something large to maximize what you can carry (Lowepro), or whether you want something that looks like a normal backpack, can carryon easily on a plane, and still can carry a bunch of stuff (PolarPro). Both are great, just targeted at slightly different users.

I also purchased one of these and it is great quality for the price, HOWEVER I am thoroughly unimpressed with the stress this pack places on the four motors when it is closed. The pack needs to be slightly deeper or have recesses for the motors to sit in. Sadly closing the pack clamps down on the P4 and basically it becomes the internal frame for your backpack!

Not s good solution long-term.

I also purchased one of these and it is great quality for the price, HOWEVER I am thoroughly unimpressed with the stress this pack places on the four motors when it is closed. The pack needs to be slightly deeper or have recesses for the motors to sit in. Sadly closing the pack clamps down on the P4 and basically it becomes the internal frame for your backpack!

Not s good solution long-term.

There isnt any "stress" put on the motors. Its a snug fit yes. The aircraft wont move around. The backpack isnt going to damage the motors. Ive been using this pack for over a month and compared to my GPC or Manfrotto it takes the top place. The manfrotto one is a pain to take out and pack up and the GPC one is just too big and doesnt fit any additional camera gear. Right now this is the best solution for carry on and hiking that i can find.

Reactions: swlamarshrunner
There isnt any "stress" put on the motors. Its a snug fit yes. The aircraft wont move around. The backpack isnt going to damage the motors. Ive been using this pack for over a month and compared to my GPC or Manfrotto it takes the top place. The manfrotto one is a pain to take out and pack up and the GPC one is just too big and doesnt fit any additional camera gear. Right now this is the best solution for carry on and hiking that i can find.
We must not have the same backpack then. This thing most definitely places an uncomfortable amount of force on the motors, especially the two near the bottom of the bag.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheGman
We must not have the same backpack then. This thing most definitely places an uncomfortable amount of force on the motors, especially the two near the bottom of the bag.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
we have the same bag. Its tight on a p4. Not so much on a p3. After a few weeks it gets looser. Ive been using unmanned systems since 2011. Trust me the force this pack puts on your phantoms motors is so minimal and they can take it. Just dont drop kick the bag off a cliff and its going to be fine. I carry two of the dji Prop installation kits just in case but the only thing you need to worry about is knocking around your gimbal.

Reactions: PolarPro
I'll back up the fact that the bag loosens up. I've had mine for just a few days and it's already a better fit than when I first put the bird in.

The two motors at the bottom of the backpack are definitely a snug fit against the cover, but the cover doesn't appear to put too much pressure on the motors.

I've also found that if you place the Phantom 4 with the feet orientated vertically (as you wear the backpack) they sit in ridges of the padding which gives a bit more space.

Overall, very pleased with the quality of this backpack.

Reactions: PolarPro
My bag setup. First pic shows extra batts and raincover at bottom and full remote setup with DBS02 panel in place at top. Bottom photo shows where I store the props. The MAXXrange panel and Ipad fit in the front pocket.

IMG_0818.jpg
IMG_0819.jpg

The best drone bag is Lowepro droneguard 450

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can anyone comment on a 15" MacBook Pro Retina fitting in here?

It fits in the front pocket, but not the actual laptop sleeve. Although, IMHO the laptop sleeve does not add much protection since the foam is very thin. The front of the bag itself has a nice thick layer of foam that should provide enough protection. jmkreege is correct though, there is NO room to spare.
The OP did a great job with the review and description. I'll echo... I wanted a bag that could carry the Phantom 4, 3 spare batteries, charger, DSLR camera, extra lens, tripod, as well as a Macbook Pro 15" without being too massive and screaming "expensive drone inside". This bag does that perfectly.

Can anyone comment on a 15" MacBook Pro Retina fitting in here?

It does. As others have mentioned, the 15" will fit in the quick-access pocket though it's too long for the dedicated laptop sleeve.

It does. As others have mentioned, the 15" will fit in the quick-access pocket though it's too long for the dedicated laptop sleeve.
It fits in the front pocket, but not the actual laptop sleeve. Although, IMHO the laptop sleeve does not add much protection since the foam is very thin. The front of the bag itself has a nice thick layer of foam that should provide enough protection. jmkreege is correct though, there is NO room to spare.
The OP did a great job with the review and description. I'll echo... I wanted a bag that could carry the Phantom 4, 3 spare batteries, charger, DSLR camera, extra lens, tripod, as well as a Macbook Pro 15" without being too massive and screaming "expensive drone inside". This bag does that perfectly.

Haha exactly what I was looking for! Is it too much to ask for? I love this price point and I just ordered it. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik