Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Received my Polar Pro items Weight breakdown

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by trtrackstar89, Feb 12, 2016.

1. trtrackstar89

I just received my Polar Pro package with Leg Extenders, Gimbal Lock and LED lights. I put it all on and was curious about how much weight I've put on. So I weighed it all on my scale and thought I'd share the results.
    I do have the quick release prop guard attachment to the ends of the arms and a Gimbal Guard already zip tied so that's my beginning weight of 1,340g including battery.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Stock Lens: 2g
    YKS Polarized lens: 10g
    Polar Pro Landing gear: 32g
    Polar Pro LED's: 64g
    Quick release prop guards: 17g each
    Polar Pro Gimbal Lock: 22g
    DJI Propeller: 13g
    Ultimax CF propeller: 13g

Total weight 1,508g

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

ChaneRZ and Noble 1 like this.
  2. Martin Smith

Lookin good, what's that piece mounted to the top of your Shell?

3. Noble 1

I think its a way of attaching LED's to the Port and Starboard sides of the quad.

I don't see the point of weighing the polar pro gimbal cover for when its being put in storage... its not going to affect the weight of the quad during flight... haha

4. shockwave199

Save a ton of weight, take the prop guards and the quick release mounts for them off the bird. It's my opinion anyway, that they make flight less stable and absolutely ruin almost every video shot recorded. Plus the added weight. People must move away from using prop guards unless absolutely, I mean absolutely necessary such as indoors.

I'm very curious how the lights work out for you. A full review would be great. Mine are coming soon. Thanks! Good luck with your flights.

5. ChaneRZ

Nice upgrades! I also have their LED kit and it is nice!

6. trtrackstar89

I weighed the Gimbal lock just for the fun of it since I was weighing everything. I didn't add it to the final weight of what would be in flight. I use the prop guards because they have saved me in the past from damage. For example once, my drone was on the way home and hit critical levels and auto landed on top of a neighbors home. Luckily they helped prevent the blades from snapping and damaging the motors and even wedged itself in a corner before almost falling off the roof. The piece on top is the way the LED's attach to the phantom. I too will do a flight with the lights later and post my results.

7. Noble 1

nice setup!

8. exit 4

What about the ultimax props? Do you have them for looks or is there some performance improvement?

9. normr

Are the landing gear difficult to take off and put on? I would need to do that to put my Phantom in my backpack.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

10. trtrackstar89

I was disappointed with the Ultimax. They are the same weight and feel less forgiving. But I kind of knew that from reading other reviews about them snapping with twigs. Still I bought them for the looks but where I am disappointed is in the performance. The P3 feels unbalanced and fights itself to keep stable. It was a little windy but it appeared more unstable than the usual. I landed it after my flight and drove to a hobby store and picked up original DJI props. I was out of the black top propellers from a previous incident so I could not test them back to back. That evening I flew it again with the DJI props and it flew so smooth again. It was a little less windy though but it felt less snappy and over correcting. I will fly them back to back soon and post the reviews of them.

The landing gear is not difficult to put on or off. One side of the landing gear has a rounded edge attachment while the other has more of a hook. Attach the hook side first and snap on the rounded end on the other side of the legs. To remove just start with the rounded side and unhook it from the other.

11. shockwave199

No thoughts on the lights?