Received my P3P Today! remote question

Reaction score
Hi received my p3p today so cool!
Upgraded firmware on the p3p, it wrote a file to the memory sd card sucssesful so that worked.
After this I tried to upgrade the controller.
I fitted the usb with the update file (same file as for the phantom 3 upgrade) it updated blue light sound and then the green light. Tried to shut it down start it up again but now its a solid red light thats normal to what the manual says.

But is this message okay?

Also cheked the file it wrote it says:
==========2015.07.15 13:50:12==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

Is that message okay?

Last edited:
Hi received my p3p today so cool!
Upgraded firmware on the p3p, it wrote a file to the memory sd card sucssesful so that worked.
After this I tried to upgrade the controller.
I fitted the usb with the update file (same file as for the phantom 3 upgrade) it updated blue light sound and then the green light. Tried to shut it down start it up again but now its a solid red light thats normal to what the manual says.

But is this message okay?

Also cheked the file it wrote it says:
==========2015.07.15 13:50:12==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

Is that message okay?
Looks fine. I would have stuck with the old firmware but go for it. Now do a cold IMU, and a compass calibration and go for it.

Sweet, thanks. Should you go in "airplane mode" with the mobile/tablet device when youre connected to the controller? Havent seen or heard anything about it, but I just wanna be sure. Thanks

I got the same message on both copter & controller when I tried to reinstall the update after my camera image froze on my last flight.

Okay, sweet. Just had my first flight AWESOME! The controller is a completely new thing to me, I`m used to have a dx8 and fly dji f450 it will not hold the altitude in the same way and here you can go fast down without stopping all propellers. It looks great!

And also I know that LIPO batteries get a little warm, so I guess it`s okey to charge them 2 minutes after flight? I get one more tomorrow so I`ll be having two.

I cant find the Phantom 3 simulator in the app. I enter "Help" in the up right corner but it`s only the manuals and some movies. I have the version 1.2.0

Last edited:
Okay, sweet. Just had my first flight AWESOME! The controller is a completely new thing to me, I`m used to have a dx8 and fly dji f450 it will not hold the altitude in the same way and here you can go fast down without stopping all propellers. It looks great!

And also I know that LIPO batteries get a little warm, so I guess it`s okey to charge them 2 minutes after flight? I get one more tomorrow so I`ll be having two.

I cant find the Phantom 3 simulator in the app. I enter "Help" in the up right corner but it`s only the manuals and some movies. I have the version 1.2.0

I really recommend that you allow your batteries to "rest" before you recharge them. This will allow the internal temperature of the battery to cool and the lipo chemistry to stabilize. I generally will not recharge a battery until it has rested several hours...more if the battery is in a warm environment. Be kind to your batteries and you will extend their lifespan.

:harry

Reactions: N017RW
Sweet, thanks. Should you go in "airplane mode" with the mobile/tablet device when youre connected to the controller? Havent seen or heard anything about it, but I just wanna be sure. Thanks

I turn off mobile data and put on airplane mode every time I fly. It may not be necessary. But, I do it because its simply annoying with text and calls coming through while you're flying. Not to mention I'm using a Samsung S5 and right now there is a bad heating problem as well as using too much CPU. I try to minimize my phone to only run the DJI pilot app when in the air. Even with that being done my app still crashes from time to time and has a bunch of lagging.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl