Received my "New" Phantom 2 Vision right from Dji and....

Re: Received my "New" Phantom 2 Vision right from Dji and I

bcstexas said:
My Phantom came boxed with the red strips and landing pads and logo stickers already on the Phantom that was Monday 5 days ago? It was in the single beep mode, But the wifi will not stay locked in after setting up the network link. I can control the camera for about 2 minutes then lost communications from Phantom. Did all the software upgrades and the bird flys great just no pictures or video control to my Iphone 5. Surely they wouldn't have sent me a repaired or used Phantom 2 Vision at that price! I did buy it from DJI direct. Called and waited on tech service for 25 minutes and they walked me through the trouble shooting stuff and then said I need to send it back to DJI. and to email [email protected] for a return label. That's all they could do. This is day three and no rely from my email yet. Why would they put red stickers on it, if you can pick your own color.

I wonder what Dji is doing with all the Phantoms that are getting sent back? Refurbing them and reselling them? Do they have an area where you can buy reburbed Phantoms on their website? I couldn't find any?

iDrone said:
I believe selling "used" or "refurbished" goods as "new" is highly illegal in most countries. I've PM'd rmklaw for comment to see if he can shed some light on how the law sees things.

iDrone ;)

iDrone, you are correct. Selling a refurbished or used unit and representing it as new unit, would be fraud in the US and the seller could face a number of claims for fraud, misrepresentation, unfair trade practices and consumer protection act. The exception is where the seller specifically advertises that it is selling units with used or refurbished parts. The key is that under the consumer protection and unfair trade practices laws in most states, the consumer has the right to receive what it bargained for.

The issue here is whether or not the Vision is used or refurbished. I would be hard to verify. Some of the things to look at are: battery cycles, serial number and dates of the electronic boards, play in the motors, signs of wear and tear, broken DJI seal in the box, etc. Also, it would be good to contact a reputable dealer and check to see if the three decal sheet are included or if the red stickers come already in place. Mine came with three sheet of different colors.

Me personally, if I order a Vision under the representation that it is a brand new unit, and can verify that I received a used or refurbished product, you bet that I would go after the seller. That is just me.

DISCLAIMER: The above comments are not intended to constitute legal advise, but they are my personal observations based on experience. :D :D

rmklaw said:
iDrone said:
I believe selling "used" or "refurbished" goods as "new" is highly illegal in most countries. I've PM'd rmklaw for comment to see if he can shed some light on how the law sees things.

iDrone ;)

iDrone, you are correct. Selling a refurbished or used unit and representing it as new unit, would be fraud in the US and the seller could face a number of claims for fraud, misrepresentation, unfair trade practices and consumer protection act. The exception is where the seller specifically advertises that it is selling units with used or refurbished parts. The key is that under the consumer protection and unfair trade practices laws in most states, the consumer has the right to receive what it bargained for.

The issue here is whether or not the Vision is used or refurbished. I would be hard to verify. Some of the things to look at are: battery cycles, serial number and dates of the electronic boards, play in the motors, signs of wear and tear, broken DJI seal in the box, etc. Also, it would be good to contact a reputable dealer and check to see if the three decal sheet are included or if the red stickers come already in place. Mine came with three sheet of different colors.

Me personally, if I order a Vision under the representation that it is a brand new unit, and can verify that I received a used or refurbished product, you bet that I would go after the seller. That is just me.

DISCLAIMER: The above comments are not intended to constitute legal advise, but they are my personal observations based on experience. :D :D

I am not saying it is legal. And it would be really tough to prove they are refurbing unIts and selling as new. It just seem odd that all the "Unboxing" video's show that they send you 3 sets of stickers and how to apply them. They tell you how to change the Tx into FCC mode because it ships new in European mode. Why would they apply the red stickers when someone may want the blue stickers on their craft? Why bother sending the other 2 colors at all if they are making the choice for you. Why take the time to apply them at all? Maybe they are just reusing the Shells on the returns?

They have to be doing something with the Phantoms that are coming back. I am just a curious person and these type of questions make me wonder. I am also shocked that I sent Dji and email on Wednesday and did not get a response on my concerns. Maybe I'm not really surprised since CS is not the best with them from what I read everywhere.

Flyboy said:
I am not saying it is legal. And it would be really tough to prove they are refurbing unIts and selling as new. It just seem odd that all the "Unboxing" video's show that they send you 3 sets of stickers and how to apply them. They tell you how to change the Tx into FCC mode because it ships new in European mode. Why would they apply the red stickers when someone may want the blue stickers on their craft? Why bother sending the other 2 colors at all if they are making the choice for you. Why take the time to apply them at all? Maybe they are just reusing the Shells on the returns?

They have to be doing something with the Phantoms that are coming back. I am just a curious person and these type of questions make me wonder. I am also shocked that I sent Dji and email on Wednesday and did not get a response on my concerns. Maybe I'm not really surprised since CS is not the best with them from what I read everywhere.

I agree that DJI has to be doing "something" with the returned Phantoms. Either 1: Throwing them out (unlikely) 2: Reselling them as Refurbished units (I don't see any options to buy refurbs) 3: inspecting and repairing returned units (if needed) and selling them as a new unit. 4: Disassembling all returned units and selling off the individual parts as new (unlikely but possible) 5: Letting them sit and collect dust in their warehouse (again unlikely).

What I do know is that 1: A new Phantom should not come with any stickers applied (mine didn't) and 2: the Controller by default is always going to be in CE mode (single beep) and 3: A large number of the P2V returns were perfectly good flyable functional units from people overly critical about the camera. This would be why using someone's returned unit (repacked as new) would seem like there's nothing wrong and no reason why it wouldn't be new despite the stickers already having been applied and the controller in FCC mode.

Conclusions? You decide but I personally wouldn't put it past them to be repacking all those returned units as new. Most people wouldn't know the difference, care or bother trying to return so it's a reasonable enough gamble for DJI to do that.

Re: Received my "New" Phantom 2 Vision right from Dji and...

Most of the unboxing videos are a few months old, so I would not put a lot of stock in that.

I just checked mine using the Assistant. The pack that is in there is the one that came with it. Shows 5 cycles, which is exactly what I have on it. I have absolutely no doubt that this was New In Box. It had the red stickers on it, the blue and pink included, boxes were sealed, all packages sealed, etc.

Not sure what else to say. If you are still convinced you got one that was not in fact new I suggest that you contact the seller. I think you have exhausted the Internet!!

BenDronePilot said:
Conclusions? You decide but I personally wouldn't put it past them to be repacking all those returned units as new. Most people wouldn't know the difference, care or bother trying to return so it's a reasonable enough gamble for DJI to do that.

Kind of curious then that so far ALL of these alleged return/resells had the red stickers on them. Nobody used the blue or pink. What a coincidence :eek:

or maybe they figured nobody was using the pink stickers and did this as a cost cutting move? :lol:

I buy refurbed MacBooks and such,. often times they're just as good if not better than new. (as they've been tested), and I save a few bucks.
tho not sure what I'd think bout a refurbed Phantom, but $100 savings is a tidy little savings

I just watched the new video on the Phantom vision 2 +"video came out yesterday" and it came out of the box with red stickers. The narrator said to just peel off the red one and replace with whatever color you wish.
http://youtu.be/L2uxX_tP7uc

bcstexas said:
My Phantom came boxed with the red strips and landing pads and logo stickers already on the Phantom that was Monday 5 days ago? It was in the single beep mode, But the wifi will not stay locked in after setting up the network link. I can control the camera for about 2 minutes then lost communications from Phantom. Did all the software upgrades and the bird flys great just no pictures or video control to my Iphone 5. Surely they wouldn't have sent me a repaired or used Phantom 2 Vision at that price! I did buy it from DJI direct. Called and waited on tech service for 25 minutes and they walked me through the trouble shooting stuff and then said I need to send it back to DJI. and to email [email protected] for a return label. That's all they could do. This is day three and no rely from my email yet. Why would they put red stickers on it, if you can pick your own color.

Chinese factory worker job security ?
Matches the color of the Chinese flag ?
Confused assembly line worker ?
Returned, repaired and sent back out as "New" ?
The Decal fairy put them on ?

Seriously,...I would call them and ask the question. or demand a refund.

The Rookie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik