Received my Limefuel Battery today

Re: Limefuel L54P Won't Work With New Battery Update

Thanks for your candor.

The news will travel fast amongst the current LF users.

IF this is a true 'blocking' maneuver by DJI... it's not surprising.

What is your plan for current users/customers?

IF this is a true 'blocking' maneuver by DJI... it's not surprising.

What is your plan for current users/customers?

Re: Limefuel L54P Won't Work With New Battery Update

Hello NO17RW,

We are currently looking into all possible options and we will keep this post updated as we go. We hope to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

@LimeFuel - I found this out AFTER the fact which = bricked battery only 1 day after I got it. Totally bummed.

job2310 said:
@LimeFuel - I found this out AFTER the fact which = bricked battery only 1 day after I got it. Totally bummed.

I'm not the brightest bulb around here, but, I don't see a way around it [blocking] in the short term.
It would seem at the very least you'd need to return it to LF for "re-programming"???

Anybody? :?

Super bummed. I was looking forward to getting a Limefuel! Love their stuff. I was going to do an order in a week or so when I got back to the USA. Hopefully there's a simple fix. I had planned on upgrading the firmware and buying one of the new remotes from DJI. Guess I'll just put all DJI related purchased on hold for a bit. *sigh*

N017RW said:
job2310 said:

I'm not the brightest bulb around here, but, I don't see a way around it [blocking] in the short term.
It would seem at the very least you'd need to return it to LF for "re-programming"???

Anybody? :?

Agreed mate. I contacted them earlier today and they gave me a carbon copy of what was posted above. No mention of helping me sort it out. I was also slightly disappointed that there were zero instructions with the battery around updates. All it had was the standard, don't try to use this battery underwater, warnings.

I've searched and searched for possible ways to downgrade the battery firmware with no luck. Closest I can get it downloading an old version of the assistant and doing the "door" I updates but it won't accept the 125 password.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

rbhamilton said:
Super bummed. I was looking forward to getting a Limefuel! Love their stuff. I was going to do an order in a week or so when I got back to the USA. Hopefully there's a simple fix. I had planned on upgrading the firmware and buying one of the new remotes from DJI. Guess I'll just put all DJI related purchased on hold for a bit. *sigh*

Hi, you CAN use their batteries with the new 3.08 firmware. What I did wrong was updated the battery firmware. If I recall correctly it showed something like 1.06 as the firmware version prior to doing the update and worked fine at that point. It was only after I upgraded the battery firmware that things went wrong.

This is just a crime by DJI. They force us to buy their junk batteries and now we can't use aftermarket batteries. I feel sorry for anyone that has done the battery upgrade and bought other batteries. We should be careful that DJI will slip their battery upgrade in with another firmware upgrade.

I thank Limefuel for posting this situation. My 2 Limefuel batteries are running great so far. DJI will never see any money from me for batteries or any product of theirs that uses these junk DJI batteries. I'm done. Sorry for the rant.

Does anyone know if the battery firmware is an automatic upgrade when connected to the assistant software or is it something that has to be manually upgraded?
I am really happy with mine and will not be upgrading my firmware.
For those that purchased through Amazon and they don't work in your bird, Amazon has a really good return policy and I would not hesitate to return it.

Michigan_PI said:
Does anyone know if the battery firmware is an automatic upgrade when connected to the assistant software or is it something that has to be manually upgraded?
For those that purchased through Amazon and they don't work in your bird, Amazon has a really good return policy and I would not hesitate to return it.

It's a manual update.

Michigan_PI said:

It's a manual update.

Haha okay so you have to use the 3.2 version of RC software and the new 2.6 battery fw shows up in 'upgrades'

Not currently showing on 3.4... how odd

I just got a notice from LIMEFUEL

After some initial testing it seems that the latest battery firmware upgrade (V2.6) from DJI renders our L54P unusable. You will not be able to start/fly your DJI at all. If you upgrade/d to this latest firmware our battery will no longer work with the DJI Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, or Phantom 2 Vision+. We are looking into this matter and we hope to have a fix available as soon as possible and will keep you updated. If you want to continue using the L54P we suggest that you do not upgrade to the latest battery firmware (V2.6).

Does this refer to the new upgrade v3.08 ?

I have been running 3.06 since about 2 weeks after it came out and have not updated anything since. I have the "old" battery firmware and am able to fly the Limefuel batteries.
I have no intention of updating any more firmware or even plugging my Phantom in while connected to the internet.

Newbie question Why Even use a third party battery? That much better then stock?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj