Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Received complaints?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by btorphoto, Feb 19, 2014.

1. btorphoto

Just wondering if any one has received complaints from neighbors etc. ???

2. laselvasurf

None here. Neighbor kids love my phantoms... And of course, so do all the guys. If I fly it at home... which I rarely do, except to test things... I usually have a couple neighbors come by and watch. Never had anyone say anything negative.

I should add... I don't fly over my neighbor's yards or houses. Just above the street and my yard. If my neighbor is standing next to me and asks to see what his yard looks like from the air, I'll do it(obviously)... But when I do my test flights, I stay above the roads any my own house/yard.

3. jodaddy23

i'm sure in the future people will start freaking out over them . the more people know about them the more they will be paranoid.
    but most people wave at mine , :)

4. Bïlly

5. mediaguru

All I've received is "wow that is cool! Do you sell them?"

Then the guy turns to his wife and says, "can we get one honey?"

6. Suwaneeguy

Personally, C&D letters are a joke.
    If I get one, I'd send it back to them with "f--k you" in big bold black letters on the letter.
    Then remind them that they can't take action "without due process"!
    So take me to court. I'll walk out the winner because they can't produce one witness who saw me violate their pathetic law.

That's kind of like a cop coming to your door and handing you a speeding ticket because he was told by someone they saw you speeding. It ain't gonna happen.

7. ericdes

Unless someone films the craft slowly passing over their property and sues you for it.
    If someone can sue another person for any amount of money they will.

PARANOID!!

"He was looking at me when I came out of the bathroom door from the basement!! I KNOW HE SAW ME!!"

8. mikeydaddio

Isn't it perfectly legal to fly over someone else's property as long as you're doing it for hobby and not "surveillance"?

That said, I'm kind to my neighbors and if anyone complained I just wouldn't fly over their property any more. Plenty of other routes to take.

Mike

9. gbshovel

Ha my neighbor complained this hunting season when I hovered right over the tree stand he was in. :D
    It was on my property !

10. GMANNZ

SUE them and or they could SUE YOU !! .... "I need a million dollars and you in jail, cause, cause, cause well you "might" have seen my dog in the backyard and my lawyer said we can get paid, cause your really, really bad and evil" .... ROFLOLOLOLOL ..... think the US has more fundamental social problems than a lack of drone laws.

Common courtesy is one thing, but suing people for this sort of crap ..... :lol: really ??

11. rmklaw

You are kidding. Aren't you? Make my day. Fly over my property below 400 feet. I'll be rich :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. GMANNZ

Rich ..... cause you'll be so put out and injured, ... you'll need millions to get over it cause it was all so terrifying for you, you'll never be the same .... ROFLOLOLOL :lol:

13. OI Photography

Are you being sarcastic, or applying for citizenship here?

14. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Seems like he has all the nuances down. Sue you, sue me, sue everybody!!! :twisted:

15. SRT

SRT

On one of the first night flights after owning the Phantom, I sat on my back porch where the neighbors couldn't see me and I flew it up high and made it spin. One of the neighbors saw it and ran inside to tell everyone. They emptied their house thinking this was a UFO. Had them going for about 5 mins. Then I flew it back to my LZ and they knew they had been had.. LOL

No camera was attached at that time.

I had the same response... asking a hundred questions and then saying... "I want one, that is so cool !!"

16. btorphoto

Hello Scotland,
    Great to hear from you, sorry to hear that you have had complaints.