Recalibrate

Reaction score
Hi everyone, do you guys recalibrate prior to each flight? I have been doing this just as a double check (and also because it takes. Few minutes for the imu's to warm up). Just wanted to get your thoughts on this?

Thanks

Matt

Are you referring to the compass "dance" or the Naza-M Assistant (USB) calibration?

I do neither. Just fly. I only worry about this when I either 1. Upgrade the firmware or 2. Crash land really hard.

Cheers,
Paul

Compass calibration only need if you travel pass time zone!
Also make sure you "dance" where there's no metal around, nearby, or even underneath!
Several members had trouble because: the metal pips under ground, the steel bars inside the concrete ground, etc.

I "dance" the 360° horizontal + 360° nose down with phantom in every site I do my first battery flight. Sometimes flash RED-YELLOW leds showed me to do, so it is in my pre-flight checklist.
Just 20 seconds guarantees it will be OK. Doesn't harm anything :)

jumanoc said:
I "dance" the 360° horizontal + 360° nose down with phantom in every site I do my first battery flight. Sometimes flash RED-YELLOW leds showed me to do, so it is in my pre-flight checklist.

I always dance as well before each flight. The only two issues are that ever since the recent updates, it's takes a great amount of effort to get the light to go solid yellow so I can start dancing. It's also must look stupid from a distance to spectators. :lol:

FangsCPO said:
jumanoc said:

I always dance as well before each flight. The only two issues are that ever since the recent updates, it's takes a great amount of effort to get the light to go solid yellow so I can start dancing. It's also must look stupid from a distance to spectators. :lol:

In future, someone will ask "hey grand pa.... Are you the one on video performing that rare ritual or folk moves ?" :x

I agree with the only when you go into different time zones as stated in the help videos and instructions. As a trouble shooter in the instance its not flying right like with the firmware debacle or a hard landing I'll run the calibration software and manually calibrate the compass while standing in my living room.

Not time zones really, more like lines of declination...

magneticdeclination.jpg

LJ35 said:
Not time zones really, more like lines of declination...

magneticdeclination.jpg

too difficult to remember.... i just do it every time i am more than 100 miles from last location. so much easier to remember :roll: but if you like to "dance" you can do it any time you want! :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic