Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Rebuild Advice - P3P

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by windexh8er, Dec 24, 2015.

1. windexh8er

Welp... After a hundred or so flights with the P3P I made a mistake today. Thought my height was, well, higher than it was when watching the map view on a slow flyover trying to get a specific shot. 110% my fault, but since I've not crashed and had to rebuild any of my prior craft I'm curious what I should do.

Amazingly the entire camera housing looks to be unscathed. I'm not sure how, but I guess I got a couple lucky bounces off the body. I've removed the camera and inspected it pretty close (no binding, all ribbon cables intact, etc). Now I have no idea if it actually still works but I'm going to go on the assumption that it does for now... My question is - where to go from here? Since mine was an original P3P (motors / body) I'm going to assume structural integrity is no longer worth the risk. Do I buy a new shell, transplant and move on? Or is there a better route to take here by piecing this one out and just buying a new P3P without controller (is that even possible)?

Everything but the props and housing look reusable. Motors look to be clean, the Vision sensor has a slight scuff on it but other than that the sensors themselves look to have been free of any debris.

TIA!

2. FotoGeek

#2 FotoGeek, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  3. FotoGeek

4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Swapping the shell is pretty easy (except for the clip locks and fitting the compass cable behind the antenna).
    There are a few good youtube videos to follow.
    If it's just bent, you should be able to test with no props to confirm everything works.