Reboot iPad every flight?

Reaction score
I've been flying a P3S for many months. Just got a refurb P3P. Now I have to power off (not just quit) and restart my iPad mini 2 every time I turn on the RC and AC. Otherwise DJI Go 3.1.8 will not connect. For example, after the first flight of the day, I RTH, power down AC then RC. Install fresh battery, power up AC & RC. No connection to iPad. The RC will still control the AC, but no video or telemetry without a cold boot of the iPad. Is that the experience of other P3P/iOS pilots?

It happens to us with Androids but hadn't heard that happen for iOS.
You don't have to turn off RC when changing AC battery.

I have not had that problem running ios.. As a matter of fact I have a dedicated iPad air and I leave the DJI app on and open all the time and never turn off the computer.. For the purposes of your research , I will mention that I have had probably 4 p3p's, 1 p3a, and 1 p3s..
never had to reboot system or shut down dii go app.

I have a mini 4 and have flown all 3 Phantom 3 models. Currently flying P3A and P3P and I find that as long as I close the Go App completely between flights there is no need to turn off or reboot the iPad. Double press the home button and kill everything running and see what happens. I brought the mini 4 secondhand just for flying so it has no other apps installed except flying apps .

When that happens to me all I do is disconnect the cable (USB end from the RC). Then reconnect and I'm back in business.

I have a iPad Mini 4 also.. I do the exact same thing.. And have no problems at all.

I have been fortunate not to have that issue with my P3Pro and my 4th generation mini-iPad.
Now for me to learn the steps I have to go through to get my P4Pro+ flight records from the controller that has the monitor.

It's 50/50 as to wether it reconnects, I sometimes just have to close DJI app out and other times turn off the controller and unplug the cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik