Reasons to hold off, besides camera?

The camera does not seem to be an issue unless you want wider fields of view or don't like to have to focus manually, on the other hand it has a slightly faster aperture. Upgrades to firmware and software are ongoing with all devices so that is not a show stopper. It is a new product which undoubtedly have some short comings once it is in the hands of the masses. I ordered because of it's features including the camera specs being close or better than the P4, it's portability and small size, the new features not currently available on other products (but likely will be with software/firmware upgrades in the near future), and finally, I don't have a drone but the Mavic Pro comes closest to meeting the criteria that I need for use currently.

Reactions: TheEdge
as much as i want one i will never preorder again....made that huge mistake with the typhoon h....delayed delivery and i have had more then a fair share of problem since i got it....

My money isn't burning a hole in my pocket. I will wait to order/buy. I will wait until February to order/buy. Let the bugs get worked out first. Might not be any but that is how I roll :). I'm looking at Phantom 4 and Mavic. We will see Mavic reviews. Hope they are excellent reviews

I'm sort of reaching here, but the Mavic looks like it will be tougher to attach external lights to, so if you're looking for something to fly with a waiver for 107.29 it might be harder?

(honestly I'm really trying to talk myself out of ordering one for me :p)

I am a heavy user of HDMI goggles during flights and was disappointed to learn Mavic will not provide HDMI interface for me to use my expensive goggles and forces me to buy another DJI brand specific google. That's not fair.

Buy batteries only from DJI, buy goggles only from DJI, buy drones only from authorized dealers.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What do you expect? You should build your own Drone from scratch and you will never have that problem!

DJI like any other company wants you to use things they know will work with their products... you wouldn't expect a AC Pump from a Ford to bolt on to a Chevrolet...

I think DJI is just following the Apple model... make everything the consumer wants, charge a fair price for great quality.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What do you expect? You should build your own Drone from scratch and you will never have that problem!

I never said that.

DJI like any other company wants you to use things they know will work with their products... you wouldn't expect a AC Pump from a Ford to bolt on to a Chevrolet...

I think DJI is just following the Apple model... make everything the consumer wants, charge a fair price for great quality.

My main disappointment was that my expensive goggles will not be usable with Mavic.

I never said that.

My main disappointment was that my expensive goggles will not be usable with Mavic.

There is always third party apps and hardware.. they may make a fix. It will be cool when DJI releases the goggles.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I am a heavy user of HDMI goggles during flights and was disappointed to learn Mavic will not provide HDMI interface

+1, that's my biggest gripe about the Mavic not to be able to use my Sony T3 like with the I1 and P3.

Can you use an Android tablet with an HDMI output for a Mavic?

Most likely but there isn't any that fits in the remote, so it's going to be a bulky solution that hurts when you consider the Mavic's portability.

Last edited:
Really won't know until they are out in masses.
I think I'll wait a month or so.
My P4 will b fine for now.

Since its almost winter here in Canada I'm expecting freezing temperatures and plenty of snow like always, so I am going to hold off on ordering my Mavic until spring unless it goes on sale during Christmas...
Some reasons to hold off :

1. If you live in a state/province that has snow/freezing temps during winter, then I would suggest waiting until February or April to buy the Mavic, because if you order now and get your Mavic in November what are you gonna do if it starts snowing? It's not fun flying a UAV outside in freezing temps. So why not wait until winter is over and maybe DJI will get everything right with the Mavic (bug wise)

2. I expect DJI to release the Phantom 5 in a couple months and or a Mavic Pro 2.0? Could it be better then the Mavic?

3. If you wait until next year then DJI may update/improve the Mavic Pro... you might get a newer upgraded Mavic, if any stress cracks, bugs, motor problems...etc are found (Phantom 3 got upgraded motors and I believe the newer P3s have better shells)

4. Do you need it now? Or can you wait until it goes on sale during Black Friday and or Christmas/Boxing Day? If you know you don't need the Mavic right now wait until it goes on sale on Christmas because you might get a better offer.

There is no doubt, there will be something they need to improve.
Mavic is a whole new technology, with lots of things to be FIELD TESTED.
No doubt they did lots of testing to get to this point, but nothing close to what you all are going to do for them.
I don't understand why anyone would Pre-order anything to tell the truth, do your really want the very earliest version ?
Two years from now, it may be hard to give this 1st generation Mavic away, or maybe not, it may be perfect on release, hell, I don't know.

Reactions: Biggle
Well I'm not buying until they get the DJI Go app to work with my Samsung S7 phone...

I'm curious to see how wind is gonna affect it .. I have a couple of 250 size quads that I've built and the smaller they are any little gust of wind makes a big difference

I'm curious to see how wind is gonna affect it .. I have a couple of 250 size quads that I've built and the smaller they are any little gust of wind makes a big difference
Videos seen so far show it is fine, and the side profile is less than a Phantom, so less surface area for the wind to catch.

Hey

Everybody is saying that camera isnt as sharp as P4. Even if it is true.

What OTHER reasons can be, to hold you off from buying one?
Everybody? Everybody that does not know to focus the camera, that is, it's actually better, and there are plenty of posts to prove it..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20