Reasonable press coming out of Canada

MapMaker53 said:
Freedom comes with a price, and that price is rules and some degree of taxation to support society and allow all to live in relative comfort and safety. Without laws and rules to follow, a society has anarchy -- and anyone who wishes to see what anarchy is like just has to turn on the World News every night. Sure, the government tends to over-tax -- mainly because they tend to piss away a lot of the money they collect. But I for one am perfectly okay with paying a government registration fee in order to keep this hobby/business relative safe and regulated, which at the same time establishes a means of rescinding permits of those caught doing unsafe or unwanted things with their drones and be arrested if they fly without having a permit. I'm referring to drones above a certain weight class and altitude/distance capability -- like the Phantom. Sign this sheep up.

What "degree of taxation" do you find acceptable? 50% of your income? 60%? 75% Even medieval warlords only demanded a third of your income! So that people can live in "comfort & safety?" You define "comfort" as in offering people the ability to have kids that others are expected to provide for, or engage in behaviors known to lead to failure without consequence? What of the countless pork & waste which even you acknowledge? The government was established to provide some fairly basic functions like National Defense, major infrastructure projects, etc.. Here in the USA, the government can't even fulfill its primary role...defending the borders! Government was never intended to function as a catch all, cradle-to-grave entitlement safety net so people can engage in reckless behavior without repercussions. When it attempts to do so you wind up with the sort of socioeconomic basket cases like we have in Western Europe, and where the USA is quickly heading under the imperial rule of the current regime. I am sorry but I find it truly disgusting what feckless pansies Western societies have become.

We don't need government issuing licenses & permits to fly a GD RC aircraft! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dirty Bird said:
MapMaker53 said:
Freedom comes with a price, and that price is rules and some degree of taxation to support society and allow all to live in relative comfort and safety. Without laws and rules to follow, a society has anarchy -- and anyone who wishes to see what anarchy is like just has to turn on the World News every night. Sure, the government tends to over-tax -- mainly because they tend to piss away a lot of the money they collect. But I for one am perfectly okay with paying a government registration fee in order to keep this hobby/business relative safe and regulated, which at the same time establishes a means of rescinding permits of those caught doing unsafe or unwanted things with their drones and be arrested if they fly without having a permit. I'm referring to drones above a certain weight class and altitude/distance capability -- like the Phantom. Sign this sheep up.

What "degree of taxation" do you find acceptable? 50% of your income? 60%? 75% Even medieval warlords only demanded a third of your income! So that people can live in "comfort & safety?" You define "comfort" as in offering people the ability to have kids that others are expected to provide for, or engage in behaviors known to lead to failure without consequence? What of the countless pork & waste which even you acknowledge? The government was established to provide some fairly basic functions like National Defense, major infrastructure projects, etc.. Here in the USA, the government can't even fulfill its primary role...defending the borders! Government was never intended to function as a catch all, cradle-to-grave entitlement safety net so people can engage in reckless behavior without repercussions. When it attempts to do so you wind up with the sort of socioeconomic basket cases like we have in Western Europe, and where the USA is quickly heading under the imperial rule of the current regime. I am sorry but I find it truly disgusting what feckless pansies Western societies have become.

We don't need government issuing licenses & permits to fly a GD RC aircraft! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well spoken sir

Dirty Bird said:
Davekyn said:
Votes for Registration.

Why not get yourself a "Professional Drone Pilot" t-shirt & cap, laminate a drone pilot "license" that you wear around your neck, and then you'll be covered? Perhaps you could hang it from a ring through your nose? Kindly leave the rest of us alone. :roll:

:lol:

Wondering if these same people should get permission to breed. It could be a self fixing problem... :eek:

30 meters in Australia not a mere 20ft - A drone at 20ft makes a really great TARGET. Close enough for me to smash to bits! The link is wrong about arrests. There are many stories of dickheads getting arrested atm - keep the good work up guys, instead of just being able to register a drone, they'll be banned outright and then the little bitches in here, will have something worth crying about.

Davekyn said:
Votes for Registration. Whilst a lot of people mean well when coming up to me, I have been distracted by the odd idiot that want's to debate me on how I'm breaking the law. I fly everyday I can to learn all I need in any given situation. The drone is not a toy - well not this one. If you begin to fly everyday like me and in different places, you will know what I mean. There is a huge amount of paranoid people out there and they distract me quite a bit - I've had one person drive up the gutter and headed straight for me in a Public Park.

Definitely bring in license, I will use it and then politely tell them to Move On and let me be about my business. Licensing will bring a better understanding to the community with such control, that instead of thinking every drone is gazing into the open double bay doors of the shed - instead they may see these drones actually serving a purpose so diverse that they would like one themselves. More drones in the skies will require some kind of certification.

How strict the licensing becomes will depend on today's operators.

There are simply too many people out there that would not even care to look up what the rules there are. A large percentage of those types would only require a few clowns to create even tougher laws, other than simply being registered.

Whatever Dave ... I say bring on registration sooner than later. I could use it to make others understand that they're not being spied on and or no one is going to be seriously injured. There are good reasons people shooting these things down.

Just make the licensing affordable and keep recreational use on the drawing board, where local councils could pass their own by-laws.

It's not unheard of for photographers to be fined. Even your everyday cameras have laws that limit their use.

With drone technology - Of course there is going to be laws.
I agree with you 100%

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31