Reasonable press coming out of Canada

Commentors suggesting a drone registry? No thanks! Any type of registry is the foundation of confiscation. I will fly my drone whenever and however within what I see as responsible operation and by the guidelines already set by the AMA Academy of Model Aeronautics National Model Aircraft Safety Code . Thats my opinion and i dont expect anyone to agree with me.

Registration is just another name for licensing, which I have no problem with and actually think it's a good idea. That way those who can show that they have a license (and maybe have even had to attend a safety course) can fly a drone. And those who have a license and fly a drone irresponsibly can have their license and ability to legally fly a drone taken away. I personally don't see anything wrong with that and don't expect the government will come knocking on my door to confiscate my drone as a result of it being registered. Heck, the government hasn't even done that when it comes to GUNS that are registered. Just my opinion.

IF I had to choose between being grounded - or confined to flying in very restricted air spaces - and being licensed but given more freedom over where to fly, I'd chose being licensed. Obviously, my preference would always be to fly whenever and wherever I wish and answer to no one. That, unfortunately, won't be up to me but I'll enjoy that freedom (responsibly) while it lasts.

I think any form of licensing and/or registration is a bad idea. It only leads to more government attention and unnecessary intrusion - in our hobby, and in our lives. Considering the whole debacle created around the FAA's attempts to screw people who want to fly for a buck or two, I'd say that government involvement is the last thing that will lead to a better hobby or greater safety.

I'll fly by what I feel are safe and reasonable standards, thank you very much.

And I won't register my drone, period, law or no law. What I do and what I fly is none of the government's business.

Votes for Registration. Whilst a lot of people mean well when coming up to me, I have been distracted by the odd idiot that want's to debate me on how I'm breaking the law. I fly everyday I can to learn all I need in any given situation. The drone is not a toy - well not this one. If you begin to fly everyday like me and in different places, you will know what I mean. There is a huge amount of paranoid people out there and they distract me quite a bit - I've had one person drive up the gutter and headed straight for me in a Public Park.

Definitely bring in license, I will use it and then politely tell them to Move On and let me be about my business. Licensing will bring a better understanding to the community with such control, that instead of thinking every drone is gazing into the open double bay doors of the shed - instead they may see these drones actually serving a purpose so diverse that they would like one themselves. More drones in the skies will require some kind of certification.

How strict the licensing becomes will depend on today's operators.

There are simply too many people out there that would not even care to look up what the rules there are. A large percentage of those types would only require a few clowns to create even tougher laws, other than simply being registered.

Whatever Dave ... I say bring on registration sooner than later. I could use it to make others understand that they're not being spied on and or no one is going to be seriously injured. There are good reasons people shooting these things down.

Just make the licensing affordable and keep recreational use on the drawing board, where local councils could pass their own by-laws.

It's not unheard of for photographers to be fined. Even your everyday cameras have laws that limit their use.

With drone technology - Of course there is going to be laws.

Step up and get your registration number!

serta-sheep-2.jpg

Oh yea!, -.... and there are a lot of sheep out there that need direction.

Imagine all those sheep and their lost UAVs. Now that's a scary thought!

We Defiantly need registration.

Excellent point!

Thanks for bringing it up.

Only people who have something to hide or intend misuse are against registration. Plenty of Black sheep out there bantering away with little pictures. :roll:

Davekyn said:
Only people who have something to hide or intend misuse are against registration. Plenty of Black sheep out there bantering away with little pictures. :roll:
Some people consider personal freedom and personal accountability to be important. Others are satisfied to graze with the herd, confident that the shepherd (government) will always act in their best interest, and disregarding those nasty rumors about shearing and slaughter.

Davekyn said:

I have nothing to hide nor a intention of misuse, but registration means also taxation.
After all the government needs money to fill that gap know as deficit that they created.
Its odd that people don't realize that we pay taxes for something that is a illusion and never existed in the first place.

Registration is therefore a limitation of freedom because they want to control you.
I compare it to a car and a drivers license.
Its good that it exist, but also there are some that don't care about it and to many are a danger on the road driving around with no license.
And aren't we all taxed enough on our cars ?

Its just that they are going to use it as a lame excuse to cash on it.

Werz said:
Davekyn said:
Some people consider personal freedom and personal accountability to be important. Others are satisfied to graze with the herd, confident that the shepherd (government) will always act in their best interest, and disregarding those nasty rumors about shearing and slaughter.

The willingly free will of ignoring. Its also very known with marketeers.
As for a government ? LMAO, they are just puppets for a few among us.

Davekyn said:
Votes for Registration.

Why not get yourself a "Professional Drone Pilot" t-shirt & cap, laminate a drone pilot "license" that you wear around your neck, and then you'll be covered? Perhaps you could hang it from a ring through your nose? Kindly leave the rest of us alone. :roll:

Davekyn said:
Only people who have something to hide or intend misuse are against registration.

Why would anyone object to the police randomly checking your papers or knocking on the door to conduct an unannounced, warrantless property search if you're doing nothing wrong? Really???

SMFH..... :roll:

Freedom comes with a price, and that price is rules and some degree of taxation to support society and allow all to live in relative comfort and safety. Without laws and rules to follow, a society has anarchy -- and anyone who wishes to see what anarchy is like just has to turn on the World News every night. Sure, the government tends to over-tax -- mainly because they tend to piss away a lot of the money they collect. But I for one am perfectly okay with paying a government registration fee in order to keep this hobby/business relative safe and regulated, which at the same time establishes a means of rescinding permits of those caught doing unsafe or unwanted things with their drones and be arrested if they fly without having a permit. I'm referring to drones above a certain weight class and altitude/distance capability -- like the Phantom. Sign this sheep up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj