Reason to get an Inspire.

The heck with the Inspire 1, I want one of those! But, no snow or ice or hills. No big lakes for a boat to pull you. So, that leaves me with sky diving. I really want to jump again, but my doctor told me: "Hell No!"

Very nice video. :)

kitari said:
Do you need a pilot's license for that or anything?

Nope. Only the guy flying the drone needs a pilot's license. Such is the prevailing logic at the FAA.

The video is great but that has very little to do with the Inspire and mostly to do with the camera operator and the editor.

ianwood said:
kitari said:

Nope. Only the guy flying the drone needs a pilot's license. Such is the prevailing logic at the FAA.

The video is great but that has very little to do with the Inspire and mostly to do with the camera operator and the editor.

Well, you have to admit that the video was nice! As always, I enjoy Paula's posts. It could have something to do with the graphic too. :)

kitari said:
Looks like it would be fun and I'm afraid of heights... kinda. (it's mostly a tall ladder thing) Do you need a pilot's license for that or anything?

I'm afraid of heights too. So, why did I Sky dive? My Dad had me in a plane before I could walk. He became a Sky Diving Instructor and I helped him train jumpers.

I still didn't jump, but in my,first year of college, I stayed there for the weekend. I was bored so I found a live Parachute meet. I had seen many and I went to meets with him and I always packed his chute. Watching the show did it!

The next weekend, I told Dad that I wanted to jump. We went through a quick review and I put a parachute own and a reserve, which back in those days was on your belly. Plus, we wore boots and helmets as the older chutes (TU7) had hard landings, unlike the parachutes of today.

What I wanted to say is at my jump altitude of 3,500 feet, there was no reference like you would have on a building. I'll never forget having my feet on the step, holding onto the struct with both hands. Then, I got a pat on my left leg, which was my signal to jump.

I had the wind blast/noise and loud motor noise, then I pushed off and there was complete silence, with a peaceful floating sensation. Then the static line opened my chute. I loved it!

ianwood said:
kitari said:
Perhaps that depends on what he does with the images from the gopro on his helmet.
The FAA has no worries about flying or photographing - until you sell a picture.

I volunteer my younger brother to do the kite....

ill drive the quad :D

:D
Sweet video!
Thanks for posting Paula.

MHL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member