Rear LEDs flash RED 4 times then stop

Reaction score
When attempting to start the drone via a CSC, the rear LEDs flash RED four times, then stop and the motors do not start. The last flight ended with no problems - no crash, no hard landing. The manual's troubleshooting does not list any error code for such a display. Visual inspection shows no unplugged cables or obvious external damage. Any ideas? Plugging into a PC and running Assistant is out, as the USB port on the drone body is not functioning.

If it comes to this, on previous problems that needed expert repair I sent it to Drone Nerds in North Miami, Florida and was satisfied with their work. Anybody want to recommend a repair shop they've with which had good results?

Before you send it out.
Try a different USB port on your PC
Try a different USB cable.
Reload the Windows driver from DJI web site.
Try a different computer
Go to device settings and delete the USB windows driver
Restart the PC and it will reload an updated driver, now reload the DJI Windows driver.
See if your assistant can see the Phantom now.
If not load the RC software and plug the assistant and USB to it. Does it see the Remote? If not the issue is with the computer. If it does try the Phantom again. If it see the RC and not the Phantom then the issue is most likely the Phantom USB port. A cable swap out with the USB plug can repair if that's the issue.
If the USB port on the PHANTOM was damaged it most likely won't be a warranty covered item any ways.

I've tried different computers and different cables as well as removing and reinstalling the Windows driver and the assistant. The RC software works fine. When the RC is plugged in, I get the two-tone signal the system has recognized the plug-in. No tone is heard when the drone is plugged in. When I removed the top cover and looked inside, the USB port seems to have four cables coming off it, and these cables seem to be soldered and not plugged in. As they say "Its a wise man who knows his limitations" and when it comes to modifying the innards of the drone, I think I've reached mine. Any thoughts on what the flashing LEDs mean? Its not like the compass calibration sequence of red-yellow. It steady yellow or green, then four red flashes and then back to steady yellow or green. The camera is working and the tilt works fine. The Wi-Fi seems to be working as well and I can connect using the DJI Vision app as well as the Litchi app. Compass calibration has been performed and green LEDs are displayed at the end of the calibration. I just can't start the motors.

seams like a GPS error. Or antenna could be cracked, or maybe just the connector got loose. It does happen.

The USB connection is a harness and has a single plug on it that is fairly easy to replace. Runs about $10 or less on eBay.
Your loosing us on the Led's.
Do this, take her outside and power everything up. Watch the Led'S. Give it a few minutes to find satellites and settle down. Then flip the s2 switch from off to c/l five time and see what the Led's do. Did they flash yellow then back to green now are the Led's flashing if so what color and in what sequence slow fast etc. let us know.

Okay, I went outside and powered up. I got a slow yellow flashing on the LEDs. Just for kicks I went through compass calibration, flipping S1 five times, getting steady yellow and after completing the 360 turn horizontal, I got green LEDs and went into the nose-down 360 turn. The LEDs then went back to flashing yellow slowly, never picking up GPS satellites. I then moved both sticks inboard and down (i.e. the 5 o'clock position) and the LEDs rapidly flashed red four times and then went back to a slow flashing of yellow. Flipping the S2 switch did not seem to change the LED flashing in color or speed. I never got slow green flashing LEDs that would indicate more than 6 satellites. I guess I'll take the top cover off again and look for loose/unplugged connections

Ok here's the next check. Plug into the assistant and go to the upgrade tab. Look at the column that says firmware and the line for GPS what are the numbers there are they 6.0.1.4 or is it 0.0.00? Then lik at the column upgrade. Does it show upgrade available or latest version? Let us know.

I can't plug into the assistant. Its the USB plug that goes into the body of the drone, not the USB plug that goes into the camera that doesn't work. I pulled the top cover off (again) and wadda ya know, the GPS antenna was unplugged. I plugged it in, replaced the top cover and tried it. The motors started just fine. On go the props, and out we go. RC on, Wi-Fi Extender on, drone on, Wi-Fi connects, the Litchi app is started and a flight path is programmed. A simple, 4 waypoint flight. Flight altitude: 98 feet; Speed: 15mph, delay at waypoints: 0 sec., hit GO! and it takes off. I'm watching the camera view and got distracted. The next thing I know I hear the buzzsaw sound of props hitting leaves, all sound stops, then splat! I don't know the height of the drop, but I do know the trees around here aren't 98 ft. It must have flown into the tree as it was climbing out. I thought the path I laid out was clear of trees (famous last words).

Now, the done starts, flies, hovers and pretty much acts normal, but it won't connect to Wi-Fi. Starting the DJI Vision app, the initial screen shows it connected to the Phantom Wi-Fi, but when I press "camera", it instantly displays "Phantom connection Broken" Same result with the Litchi app, but of course the display and sequence is different.

Thanks everybody (Royva &macsoft) for your suggestions and guidance. I appreciate it. I'm going to take the top cover off again and see if there is anything unplugged inside. If I see nothing obvious, its off a repair station.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj