Rear LED blinks red when powering forward

Reaction score
My rear LED blinks red as if it is low voltage when I power any direction at full force but then returns to regular light indications when I back off the right stick. Is that normal?

Thanks!

Yeap thats normal just showing voltage drop when ya power up or in any direction, red light will steady blink when battery is low.

I had this same issue, but figure it isn't a big deal because voltage drops down a bit.
The issue I am having, is extremely short flight times before I get red blinking lights continuously...like 3-4 minutes.
Anyone else experiencing this?

I hope I haven't harmed my batteries in some way, and I finally bought a better charger, but anyway to test if batteries are bad or is anyone else experiencing anything like this?
Thanks!

motobtn said:
I had this same issue, but figure it isn't a big deal because voltage drops down a bit.
The issue I am having, is extremely short flight times before I get red blinking lights continuously...like 3-4 minutes.
Anyone else experiencing this?

I hope I haven't harmed my batteries in some way, and I finally bought a better charger, but anyway to test if batteries are bad or is anyone else experiencing anything like this?
Thanks!

3-4 minutes of flight time definitely seems a bit short, even with aggressive flying or with a weighted down Phantom.

I guess the only way to tell if it's the battery is to either buy a battery tester, or compare it with a brand new battery.
or connect to the NAZA and it will tell you battery voltage (if you know what to look for).

I assume you haven't changed the NAZA voltage failsafe settings, as that can be bumped up to shorten or lengthen flight time, but you really don't want to mess with that.

shorten flight time can be caused by any number of factors including wind, weight of craft, and flying habits. if it is a windy day, the craft has to utilize more power to go against the wind. if the craft is weighed down by a heavier camera, it will take more power for flight. and of course our own flying habits will cause similar problems (think of it like a car, you get lower MPG if you rev out of a red light rather than "normal" driving). any number of other factors or combinations of factors can lead to shorter flight time. of course it could also just be the battery. simple way to find out is if you have another battery, plug it in and if it flies longer, then you can pretty much narrow it down to the battery. personally i say it's more cost effective to do it that way then to buy a new charger.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik