Realtor Using Owners Drone Pictures

What??? Really it is 100% illegal to take a photo of a house for selling purposes. Bo way around..
U
I would welcome them taking the aircraft currency out of it. I would qualify if it were not for that requirement. Don't see the point of having to spend a couple thousand to rent a helicopter and CFI. There is nothing about being current that would benefit safety flying a quad. Two different animals.
anyone who knowingly and willingly uses an aireal photograph to encure funds violates f a a law unless they have a 333 exemption of course if you gave it to someone then They don't

I jus
Want to share my experience concerning this topic. I do real estate photography & now have added aerial shots. I read article after article how difficult it was to get your Section 333 Exemption & how costly it can be, attorney fees $$$ were all over the place, more then I can afford. Filing it yourself is not really all that hard, believe me if I can do it so can you. There is a portal that shows you all the letters people have submitted requesting the exemption along with the FAA approval. Some of these filings are quite lengthy & should be depending on what you are doing so I get using an attorney, aerial videos, area mapping, bridge inspections, tower inspections, utility pole inspections, surveillance, the list is endless. I just want to take some aerial photos of property listings for the agents who hire me, plain & simple. I read through pages of approved letters getting an idea of how my request should be worded & found quite a few that was geared to my situation. DON'T COPY ANYONE'S REQUEST WORD FOR WORD! I didn't but just wanted to share that with you cause if they catch you doing this it will be rejected. I went to the FAA website & followed the instructions, my exemption request was 2 pages & you submit on line, cost was nothing. I know this appears to be pretty thin but it's the truth. I waited 5 months & received my exemption, no problems what so ever. My exemption states that the aircraft I submitted is approved for 2 yrs for aerial photography & collecting aerial data for the purpose of marketing real estate. I'm waiting for my N-Numbers, that's something you can't do on line, you need to get that form from the FAA & they will send you a few blank forms if you email them, you can call you local office as well. You are still able to fly as long as you have the pink copy in your possession when you fly along with your FAA approval letter that states you Exemption Number. Just recently I added a new aircraft, P3P, sent in my request to amend my exemption to add my P3P to the fleet. At present I fly the Blade Chroma, its ok but wanted to upgrade. Thinking of selling my Chroma but until I get some hrs in the air with the P3P & feel comfortable I'm gonna hang onto it. The other thing you have to do once you get your approval is to follow a monthly flight log that has to be submitting via email to the FAA. The information they want you to submit is mentioned in the approved exemption letter along with the email address. As for myself I created my own flight log when I purchased my first aircraft & maintained it methodically on my pc, it states times I flew, date, location, reason for flying, hrs spent, & description of the purpose of the flight whether it be practice time or real estate photos.

I don't know of any cases that a drone has caused an airplane accident but its coming, boy I hope not but that's a pipe dream, there are many irresponsible people showing off on youtube how high they are flying above the clouds. These people say it won't do anything to a plane, are they engineers? Big birds have broken cockpit windows on passenger planes, can you image what a 2.5lb quad might do? This will be a black eye to all of us, as soon as this happens the public will want to know what the FAA is going to do about drones. I predict they will start by reviewing who is conforming to the rules they put forth & anyone not conforming will have their approved exemption terminated or put on hold status. The FAA will show the public they are cracking down on individuals who don't comply with the regulations they put forth, but who will monitor these people, no one really, but it gets the monkey off their backs by saying we terminated their approval what they do is their business & we (FAA) can't be held responsible for lose of life, meaning don't sue us we didn't give them permission to fly. Bottom line here is you have to document what you are doing, fly safe, & follow the rules so you don't give anyone reason to terminate your exemption. This whole drone thing has taken the FAA by storm in recent years and is growing legs quickly. Its always easier to get something approved then to convince some one to give you another chance. It's just paperwork, the filing is free, the 27K fine is not.
t don't understand why they don't just hack the go app and preset the night maximum to prevent this from happening and I'll bet you would find most are adolescent teens. Because most adults value their crafts to much

I did go through an attorney for my 333 exemption and yes it does cost but I didn't want the hassle and when they filed they listed every aircraft I my fly in the future so I don't have to keep refilling. I do agree that next year they probably won't require the pilots license and that's good.
People just need to be responsible and not ruin it for the rest of us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did go through an attorney for my 333 exemption and yes it does cost but I didn't want the hassle and when they filed they listed every aircraft I my fly in the future so I don't have to keep refilling. I do agree that next year they probably won't require the pilots license and that's good.
People just need to be responsible and not ruin it for the rest of us

I'm surprised they (FAA) would approve an aircraft you haven't purchased yet or maybe intend to build? Kind of defeats the standards they are looking for air worthiness. What's the point of going through all the documentation required on the quad by the FAA when filing a request if they're willing to issue a blanket approval. Never heard this one before.

That's why I hired an attorney, for the in's and out of things. I don't expect for everyone to know everything.! I surely don't. I have a lot of money invested in this to make sure it's done right and not some fly by night

Want to share my experience concerning this topic. I do real estate photography & now have added aerial shots. I
I don't understand why anybody thinks any of this is going to be financially rewarding anyway. My family and I have owned 75 houses. We never needed pictures from the air to sell them. Nor is it likely that anybody in any other field is obeying the rules either. Trucks cut corners, bike skip stop signs, realtors cheat on listings, presidential candidates break security.

What the FAA wants to satisfy their masters and have some sort of register of who claims to be doing what and where they are.

That's why I hired an attorney, for the in's and out of things. I don't expect for everyone to know everything.! I surely don't. I have a lot of money invested in this to make sure it's done right and not some fly by night

You will never get a permit to fly by night.

I don't understand why anybody thinks any of this is going to be financially rewarding anyway. My family and I have owned 75 houses. We never needed pictures from the air to sell them.

People have been selling houses without aerial pictures since forever; that's hardly the point. The point is that it's already been established as an excellent avenue for marketing real estate, particularly high-end properties, whether or not you think so.

People have been selling houses without aerial pictures since forever; that's hardly the point. The point is that it's already been established as an excellent avenue for marketing real estate, particularly high-end properties, whether or not you think so.
Well, you made my point. I know of no regulations requiring any Realtor to disclose the source of pictures for anything. In fact they probably could get away with pictures of another property in some cases. So why tell them. You are better off with the $5 toy fee and an excuse. Realtors lie ALL the time. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of every listing. The Realor organizations are PRIVATE membership corporations which have lobbied for laws to protect therm, in fact, in case, they are lying which they are. Many investors avoid becoming Realators so they are not encumbered by those regulations which insure the profits of other Realators.

Well, you made my point. I know of no regulations requiring any Realtor to disclose the source of pictures for anything. In fact they probably could get away with pictures of another property in some cases. So why tell them. You are better off with the $5 toy fee and an excuse. Realtors lie ALL the time. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of every listing. The Realor organizations are PRIVATE membership corporations which have lobbied for laws to protect therm, in fact, in case, they are lying which they are. Many investors avoid becoming Realators so they are not encumbered by those regulations which insure the profits of other Realators.

Sorry but you make zero sense. People who buy high end homes here where I live are for the most part smart enough to realize their looking at video of the property they're interested in buying. I don't think you actually understand the depth of the marketing involved in moving multi million dollar properties. Everything from 360 degree high definition walk-throughs in real time to aerial videography showcasing the structure and property (and surrounding area) takes real estate marketing to a whole other level, obviously far above and beyond anything you've been involved with in selling off your 75 properties.
Bring able to showcase these on the web and marketing to potential buyers outside of the local market (read international) just seems to make the case for it.
In regards to Realtors and lying; all I can say is that most here seem to prefer doing things by the book, and have already been warned by their own organisations to be sure to.

Reactions: Gary M
Sorry but you make zero sense. People who buy high end homes here where I live are for the most part smart enough to realize their looking at video of the property they're interested in buying. I don't think you actually understand the depth of the marketing involved in moving multi million dollar properties. Everything from 360 degree high definition walk-throughs in real time to aerial videography showcasing the structure and property (and surrounding area) takes real estate marketing to a whole other level, obviously far above and beyond anything you've been involved with in selling off your 75 properties.
Bring able to showcase these on the web and marketing to potential buyers outside of the local market (read international) just seems to make the case for it.
In regards to Realtors and lying; all I can say is that most here seem to prefer doing things by the book, and have already been warned by their own organisations to be sure to.
Lets see is this the : "I have become so rich taking pictures that everyone else is an idiot response?" Your high end buddies constitute less than 1% of Realtors. But go ahead and suit yourself. Advertise what you are doing in a heavily POPULATED area and wait for the accident and HIGH END law suit.

By the way for the rest of us "regular people" show me any Real Estate listing and I will log onto the Tax web page title information and find a miss-representation of the property. This is becasue the listing show the public have a disclaimer and neither the Realtor or owner is qualified to read the real facts and is just posting hat they happen to think at that moment.

Lets see is this the : "I have become so rich taking pictures that everyone else is an idiot response?" Your high end buddies constitute less than 1% of Realtors. But go ahead and suit yourself. Advertise what you are doing in a heavily POPULATED area and wait for the accident and HIGH END law suit.

Sorry, but now you're just talking out of your ***. Just because you think your real estate market won't support the concept (and you may or may not be correct in this assumption) doesn't mean it won't elsewhere. All I can say is that in my market, it's extremely viable.

Sorry, but now you're just talking out of your ***. Just because you think your real estate market won't support the concept (and you may or may not be correct in this assumption) doesn't mean it won't elsewhere. All I can say is that in my market, it's extremely viable.
Our holding company just won an acution on on ten acres. The title lists 350 owners on that ten acres. We don't buy through Realtors. We have a legal department. You are a photographer. If I don't miss my bet you are not a pilot. Any one of those 350 parties, who are lawyers as well, could have you thrown off the property in a second for being arrogant. You may have a deal with a Realtor. You do not have a contract with any owners. But the Realtor contract would be broken for cause and you would be at fault for that. Then we get a 14 year old kid to take the pictures.

I think many people mistake a government use permit of some sort as a token of authority, or a right to work, order. But being a certified plumber only means you can be sued more easily than a fix-it man.

What is the status of your Bond. You are offering services for sale in Real Real Estate. Please forward me the name of your agent. I am having you investigated.

It is not illegal if you meet all of the FAA rules, i.e.: you have to have a 333 exemption which if you file for it yourself it is possible but unlikely you'll get it. I paid an attorney $1500.00 for him to handle it for me without that exemption your dead in the water and face heavy fines. Look up a company called Sky Pan , the FAA fined them $1.2 million dollars for taking pictures and videos for profit. Other than the exemption you'll need to have at least a sport pilots license or hire someone who does to fly your drone ! You'll also need commercial liability insurance which you have to show that you've been through a certified drone safety course. Then you have to maintain aviation logbooks of each flight, maintenance etc.
,I'm not feeding you a bunch of crap, I'm just telling what it took me to be able to fly a little drone for profit. Do the research and see. Flight school, equipment, cameras, drones I easily have $10,000-$15,000 invested. But on the upside I charge $300 an hour or $1500.00 for half day of filming so the cost outlay is worth it.

A few weeks ago I was flying in a local park. A professional photo group came along. They didn't have a quad, but the owner of the company told me about the hoops he had to jump through to be legal with charging for aerial filming - with a quad. He said he had invested almost $10,000 U.S. plus he had to have a licensed pilot to fly the thing. Kind of daunting for the average Joe.

If a realtor was listing a house and the owner provided a picture He/She took from a drone could it be used? Many homeowners provide pictures to realtors of when the flowers were in bloom or when the pool was not covered. If not what law is being broken.
I don't know how they can tell how you came into possession of a photo unless you told them. There is no "made by drone" stamp on them. I had a totally amateur lady post a picture of her house in a message to me she took of Google this very evening.

My son and I used to play a game where we looked up something cool an Google Earth and had the other figure out where it was years ago.

I know a roofing firm that estimates roofs off Google Earth.

When I looked the FAA had published thousands of letters of people who got a 333 exemption without a lawyer. Some people can read and write better than others.

But that is no where the problem will be. I just watched a uTube video where some guy "tested" the ability of his Phantom to fly beyond RC and telemetry capacity over an intensely urban area. "Lets see if it will crash and make a video and post it on the internet under our name". Ahhhh Yeah!

Heard of the news that some big shot just sued an Uber driver for using an in-car camera to photograph his attack of the driver. Photography without permission. So how do you shoot a picture of a house without getting other houses as well.

I think the whole concept of aerials for house sales is stupid anyway. I sure don't see much potential for people getting rich off drones this way. Who cares what a roof looks like. In a special case with a special property no one would know how you got the shot anyway. They cannot compulse affirmative testimony, through cigarette burns or water boarding anyway.

I could see the use of a drone for inspections for repairs. Inspections often require sideways shots rather than straight aerials. But then any engineering firm needing inspections other than a residential roof where you can walk on it could easily afford it.

I am sure everybody reading here is aware there are scientific clubs doing high altitude weather balloon launches that go hundreds of miles at 80,000+ feet as a hobby all over the world.

I do all my real estate photography from tethered balloons.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic