Really strange behaviour from my Phantom2 today - almost lost it !

Reaction score
Really strange behaviour after flying for about 10-15 mins during a descent. I was only 100-200 metres away from the Phantom. It almost flipped and shot off in one direction. The Zenmuse H3-3D couldn't even cope with this. It started playing up for a couple of mins before I eventually had to switch of the RC which luckily appeared to make it calm down and head back.

Anyone experienced behaviour like this ?

just to add running the latest firmware on everything

latest firmware, or the recommended by DJI downgrade??? they have withdrawn the 'latest' and took a step backwards apparently.

latest firmware, or the recommended by DJI downgrade??? they have withdrawn the 'latest' and took a step backwards apparently.

Loco... I haven't flown my P2V in three months due to inclement weather and I've become a bit behind regarding this update. There's a downgrade path and DJI admits 3.12 is flawed? I missed that memo... I'll check into it now, but any info you have would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks...
-slinger

That was some crazy manoeuvres it was pulling off for sure. Very lucky to get her home. No ideas except hook her up to the assistant and check all your imu readings. I haven't heard about any problems with 3.12 either. Sure you aren't getting it mixed up with 3.10?

I could be wrong, I'm not following too much since the layout change ( i hate change ) but not that long ago there was a thread referring to funny goings on with the latest upgrade and a downgrade was recommended. I cant remember and don't know what was the latest version and what they suggested you downgraded to though??? it just rang a bell when I read this thread today. it may be old news by now and gunslinger could have a serviceable version installed already??

well I heard 3.10 was dodgy, so went from 3.8 to 3.12. I did think I was going to lose it as it simply went crazy for a couple of mins.

DJI did ditch the 3.10 firmware but they release 3.12 to replace that. I have zero issue with the latest firmware.

3.10 is dodgy. So if you're on it, that's your first step. Update anything else that needs it as well. Second step is to make sure everything is properly calibrated. In your video, the horizon is completely off even when it looks like it's under control. That usually means the IMU or compass need to be recalibrated.

I have a known problem with my gimbal not being level. Everything else is the latest firmware and calibrated.

been there and tried that. I've tried everything, believe me trying to get that **** gimbal level. I've now given up on that.

I discovered a TV & Mobile mast approx 1KM from where I was. Maybe that was causing some interference

No wind. Still but cloudy day. Yes gimbal has always been off. Not noticed any issues with the props, but thanks for the tip.

Not sure what you mean by getting data from DJI SDK ? can you expand ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20