Really, Really frustrated!! please help, cannot connect

SHould i update to the latest firmware? i heard it limits too many things, or should i update to a lower firmware? mine is on 1.1.8 and thats not even listed anymore. Thank you
At least update to the version that I stated in post#12. Otherwise, your never going to get anywhere at this point.

Yes, just update to where you want. Just that newer FW versions update with DJI app. Lower version don't and you have to swap the sd card around, etc.

Ok guys! UPDATE! I upgraded the firmware on the Phantom and controller and now it connects to my android tablet! BUT now i have a new problem, in camera view i can see the image but it says no signal and the image is frozen! when i go into the channel menu i have it set on auto and i see no activity, so now what the heck?? i hooked up my daughters ipad again and it worked great....ughhh im ready to give up on android and just get a AIR2!!! Any idea??

All I know is that when I did a system update on my phone (Galaxy Tab 5) to Marshmallow (6.0) I lost all connection to the bird from the app. I tried my old android (Galaxy S4) phone and it worked again.

Ok guys! UPDATE! I upgraded the firmware on the Phantom and controller and now it connects to my android tablet! BUT now i have a new problem, in camera view i can see the image but it says no signal and the image is frozen! when i go into the channel menu i have it set on auto and i see no activity, so now what the heck?? i hooked up my daughters ipad again and it worked great....ughhh im ready to give up on android and just get a AIR2!!! Any idea??

the issue so far is you needed updated in the phantom and rc and now you can connect--
many usb cables will work well with one device and not another.

try :
disconnect usb and power up RC
power up phantom
power up shield and open GO
connect usb.
what happens then?

if no go now try a new usb, apple and android usb aren't always compatible etc

the shield does work and work well and easy.
However I do all updates, both android and phantom and find all works as designed.

Just an update incase anyone cares....... Everything is working great now, upgraded firmware to 1.3.20 and TX connected right away! live feed looks great on the Nvidia! Now just got to get out and fly if the weather ever gets nice, we just had 4" of snow today!!! Thanks everyone for the help. :)

Reactions: Drone Master
Just an update incase anyone cares....... Everything is working great now, upgraded firmware to 1.3.20 and TX connected right away! live feed looks great on the Nvidia! Now just got to get out and fly if the weather ever gets nice, we just had 4" of snow today!!! Thanks everyone for the help. :)
Like I had stated all along. Glad you got it going.. Now you are free to update to newer versions if so desired. I just finished updating all my birds to the latest firmware and all is great. Good luck and happy flying that is when you have the chance to do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers