Really, Really frustrated!! please help, cannot connect

Reaction score
Hello everyone, well i was an excited new owner of a P3P, but now i am really frustrated........
I cannot get my new Nvidia shield k1 to connect to the remote no matter what i try!!
I hooked up my daughters ipaid air 2 and it connected and went to camera view right away. When i connect the shield to the controller it does nothing!!! camera view button does not appear, it just says how to connect and thats it. Is there some setting i am missing?? When i connected with the IPAD it said firmware on the controller needs updated, will the older firmware not work with Lollipop 5.1.1? please help........i already ate a bunch of tums because of this thing!

turn off all apps running on shield or down load app shutdown mine works perfect didn't not load to marsh mellow just make sure dji go app is only thing running

Hi, yes DJI go is the only thing running......... I tried two android tablets now and neither of them work, but then i connect a IPAD and bam! works fine.........:(

that is not right never had problem with mine

Well guess i will return the shield and buy an ipad..........whoopie there goes more money on t his **** thing

Reactions: PJ Orlando
Is there anything in permission settings holding you out? If it's not a security issue it's likely a cable issue.

Last edited:
Is there anything in permission settings holding you out? If it's not a security issue it's likely a cable issue.
Hi, do not think its a cable issue, i tried 2 different one and no go. Plus i tried 2 new andriod tablets, a Shield which was recommended and another cheaper one with good specs that should have worked but the tablets act like the controller isnt there. Now here is my thought.......the ipad works but the androids on the newer operating systems wont work with older firmware in the controller? thats all i can think of at this point........uuggghhhhhh

Hi, do not think its a cable issue, i tried 2 different one and no go. Plus i tried 2 new andriod tablets, a Shield which was recommended and another cheaper one with good specs that should have worked but the tablets act like the controller isnt there. Now here is my thought.......the ipad works but the androids on the newer operating systems wont work with older firmware in the controller? thats all i can think of at this point........uuggghhhhhh
Try using the Ipad that you have to update the RC. Then try it out on the android tab. Can't hurt to try.

There are numerous threads I've seen where some solutions were to put the Android device in "developer mode (USB debugging).
Not sure if this applies here, but easy to try. There's a setting in the Go app settings.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, when i use the ipad it says cannot be updated with the go app, firmware too old, i guess i have to do it with a sd card into the usb port on the TX. And i put the shield tablet in developer mode and still nothing........ :(

Thanks guys, when i use the ipad it says cannot be updated with the go app, firmware too old, i guess i have to do it with a sd card into the usb port on the TX. And i put the shield tablet in developer mode and still nothing........ :(
When you were connected to the Ipad and the go app is running, go to the about section and tell us what version of firmware the AC has.

Also, Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20 has the necessary data to update the RC so that further updates can be made thru the Go App. That's why DJI has not removed this version from the DL page. Place that version on the USB and and turn RC on. Wait 60 seconds and see if that works. I have other ideas if that don't work. The RC will start beeping and the indicator LED will flash blue.

Version 1.1.9 is on the aircraft and for the remote it said 1.1.8 is that old?
And once again with the Apple, it connected right away!
Thanks, i will try to load the firmware tomorrow, i gtg to bed! Night....

USB can connect in several modes. Maybe you are in the wrong one?

ive tried several cables none work! I dont know what to do, send back the shield tablet and buy an ipad or send back the whole phantom...... I know the apple air2 works............
still waiting to here from somebody if having old firmware on the TX could be the reason why it wont connect to my Shield tablet...............?

ive tried several cables none work! I dont know what to do, send back the shield tablet and buy an ipad or send back the whole phantom...... I know the apple air2 works............
still waiting to here from somebody if having old firmware on the TX could be the reason why it wont connect to my Shield tablet...............?
Oh, can i just update the firm ware on the TX and not the Phantom so i can test it?

Is the bird FW updated? If not update the bird to the latest FW. It updates with the sd card when bird IS NOT connected to anything else when it boots up.

Then update the FW to the RC via usb or let the bird update it.

SHould i update to the latest firmware? i heard it limits too many things, or should i update to a lower firmware? mine is on 1.1.8 and thats not even listed anymore. Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31