Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Really quick stupid question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andy162, Sep 7, 2015.

1. andy162

I am out in the field right now about to fly my P3A. I just hear that there was a new firmware update today.. I don't HAVE to upgrade to fly right? O know sometimes it says "firmware upgrade required"..

2. GoofyBird

You shouldn't but by now you already know the answer, could you take off?

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

All firmware and software updates are optional. It's a good idea to install them after they are known stable releases. But, it's best to do that at home :)

4. kenjancef

Yea, not a good idea to update just before flying, never know what will happen. I once updated the BIOS (same idea as a firmware upgrade) of a file server the day before I was to deliver it... they didn't get it till the next week... lol