Really Good Mavic Footage from a Reviewer who "Hates fixed focus"

Reaction score

I'm not really sold yet on the idea of having to focus my drone while flying, but if this iPhonedo reviewer's footage is legitimate, he is getting some really great footage out of the Mavic.

Reactions: liketogethigh
[emoji106].. I actually posted the same video in another thread. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned much, as it's actually one of the good ones and showing off the mavic pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Butterpuff 6
I've watched a bunch of Mavic reviews and this one is one of the better more informative ones online!

lol... In-depth review - no pun intended..

I've watched a bunch of Mavic reviews and this one is one of the better more informative ones online!
Yes it is. This is the first review i've seen that shows that the control sticks on the remote are removable, other reviews said they are not removable so it makes it hard to put the controller in your pocket.
I also love his voice and enthusiasm, he sounds a lot like Borat, lol.

Dude probably drank like 4 Red Bulls :) Good review thou.

Hey guys. I have posted this question in another thread, but figured perhaps this thread would be more appropriate.

Does anyone know if you can fix focus. I love that I can press a button or on the screen and have the camera auto focus on an area, but as a cinematographer I have a concern that if you can't fix the focus then when you want to it could be a downfall of the Mavic at times.
I am imagining doing a slow descend past a bridge while focused in the distance. It would be a cinematic bummer if the camera decided to try and re-focus on the bridge as I pass it instead of remaining focused on the horizon.

Hey guys. I have posted this question in another thread, but figured perhaps this thread would be more appropriate.

Does anyone know if you can fix focus. I love that I can press a button or on the screen and have the camera auto focus on an area, but as a cinematographer I have a concern that if you can't fix the focus then when you want to it could be a downfall of the Mavic at times.
I am imagining doing a slow descend past a bridge while focused in the distance. It would be a cinematic bummer if the camera decided to try and re-focus on the bridge as I pass it instead of remaining focused on the horizon.

I could be wrong, but my take is that the focus is fixed until you tap to focus again. So the mavic should not try to focus on the bridge, unless you tap on it on the screen.

I could be wrong, but my take is that the focus is fixed until you tap to focus again. So the mavic should not try to focus on the bridge, unless you tap on it on the screen.

Several screenshots show a green mid square with adjacent text "AF" so there should be an AF-mode. The mystery is why it's not default, given that several early tests showed crappy imagery.

Several screenshots show a green mid square with adjacent text "AF" so there should be an AF-mode. The mystery is why it's not default, given that several early tests showed crappy imagery.
I think autofocus in this context means you tap on an object on the screen and the mavic will automatically focus to that point; but it won't refocus until you touch on the screen again. I don't think it means continuous autofocus, where the mavic would continuously focus to that point on the screen while the drone moves. In other words, "tap-to-focus" is "autofocus". It would be like autofocus on a dslr where you partially depress the shutter to get the camera to focus on a point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik