Odog, you're in my city. I gotta see this hot rod P3! I don't remember the winds being the stiff recently.

Sounds good to me, always looking for a fellow fantom flyer. Specifically, I am in Concord how about you? I know some cool flying places too, let me know.

Not sure how you quantify your speed and how you retrieve your quad. P3 designed max speed is 16 m/s which is about 35 mph. When the quad recorded 62 mph, the wind must be 27 mph and you flew your quad with the wind. Under that scenario, you were lucky to get your quad back.

I just measure the speed using the speedometer real time, and use the log files after the fact. Not sure exactly what you are asking though, how else can you quantify the speed? To retrieve it I usually just land it and walk over to it and pick it up, scrape off the bird crap, pick the glass out of the crevices, and remove any human hair or blood then stick it back into my case. High wind situations are my favorite to fly in. These things are beasts, I have no problems in any of the 20 mph + wind situations I fly in, just need to make sure to save much more battery for coming back then going out if it is a tail wind for the departure. Hoping to hit 70 soon, I may go to Florida for Hurricane season.

Reactions: Reed L
I was in Cape Blanco in Southern Oregon earlier this week. It's the farthest western point in the continental USA and you can get winds up to 185mph :) It was 90mph when we were there in the storm, cool place and you can drive down the coastline in the water if you feel. You could hit 200mph+ with your quad on a good day there :)

Im on my second Phantom 3 Pro, and this one just seems better in both range and speed. I get over 7,000 feet almost everywhere I go on the newer one. One specific area I fly in by my house is a park where on the old one I only got around 2300. At first I thought it was the new controller, so I paired my old controller up and got the same results. Also, I don't know if its a software related limitation or not, but this one seems way faster. I had a flight on a windy day last week and I got it up to 62 mph. If I remember correctly, in similar conditions my older P3 had only got up to around 48 mph. Maybe its a combo of software and the new motors? Anyone else notice this?

I got 53 out of my P3P on a windless day. The wind might be helping your bird get a faster speed. I heard that carbon fiber props increase the speed also.

image.png
I'm not buying the notion that there had to be wind gusts over 30mph to get that speed. In ATTI, I easily reach 45-48mph on a calm day. Here's a screen shot just from last night at 59mph. Was still getting 27-28mph coming back against the wind.

Reactions: Spooky Maxwell

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr