Really conflicted about this thing

Reaction score
I was super excited to order my Phantom 3 Advanced. I'm conflicted as to whether or not I want to keep it.

Initially I had plans to take lots of videos. Then I found out that my city and neighboring cities are banning them from public places after I flew it in my local park. Some of the ordinances are quite specific. My city has set up a specific area for RC equipment. That area is about 8 acres. I find that I am using it about once per week and now getting bored filming the same 8 acres over and over.

Am I missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are 2.3 BILLION acres of land in the United States, the vast, vast majority of which is not subject to any recreational flight restrictions by sUAVs. So yeah, I'd say you are missing something.

I've started doing road trips to do short videos. Check out my channel on YouTube:

On the Road with Ralph

you cant take off or land in public park but no rule you cant fly over them

you cant take off or land in public park but no rule you cant fly over them

Funny, just yesterday I did just that. The park (a state-owned facility) closes at 5 PM. I waited until 5:30 to start flying so I wouldn't bother anyone, and I took off from a spot outside the park. Here is a still image from some of the footage I shot on the roadway next to the park:

Citrus-Riverside.jpg

Reactions: collingwoodguy
I had a park ranger tell me I cant fly in park so went outside of park then flew around it by the beach of course he called police and they couldn't due anything I was on public property outside the park

Why would you want to ever fly in a city anyway? I bought mine for adventures, like right now we are traveling down the west coast, there's lots of great places to fly other then some city... Rooftops just don't cut it :)

Reactions: collingwoodguy
You need to come up and visit the other Alta Ca, Alberta Canada. ;-)
In my home, the capital city, the river valley parks are incredibly scenic, and awesome to fly over. Especially at this time of year. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Reed L
Techfan - You should be ashamed :)

I understand that you are living in the States ? If so, then you're in luck (photo/video-wise, at least :) )

I've been visiting your great country each year for the last 8 years, sometimes, even twice a year, primarely for vacation - and there are SO MANY fantastic places - I would love to be able to have this opportunity to make great pics and videos with my P3

You might have to get in the car and drive to an other area - but it's an adventure - finding new beautiful spots that you didn't knew existed.

I live in Denmark - no rivers, no waterfalls, no mountains, no Pacific ocean - but still, I love finding new places to film. And now spring is comming, and yesterday, the weather was perfect - no wind, and good visibility.

Get out in the nature - lots of things to discover :)

Attachments

• Arial view of Hesselager - Denmark.jpg
    Arial view of Hesselager - Denmark.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 557
Here is a nice place in Michigan to fly:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

And if you like palm trees, Clearwater Florida!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

yep fly around Clearwater all the time love it

I think the most frustrating part is all the imposed restrictions in my area. When I initially flew it in a park, not knowing I had any restrictions, it didn't seem to bother anyone except for the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShelbyPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers