Really bad Phantom 3 standard Gimbal/Camera Problem!

I assume that you've inspected the gimbal yaw arm grub screw to make sure that it is tight? Looks like the camera is shifting to me in the video.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I assume that you've inspected the gimbal yaw arm grub screw to make sure that it is tight? Looks like the camera is shifting to me in the video.

I have no idea what that is. Care to elaborate? Thanks :)

Is there any loud grinding noises?touch the gimbal motors while turned on.pick the quad up and lean it all around and pay attention to the camera.To check for tightness on the yaw grub screw, simply rotate camera and look for the little black screw, check for tightness.If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: smokeguy1
I have no idea what that is. Care to elaborate? Thanks :)
The camera is connected to the ankle bone....just kidding.
The camera is connected to the pitch motor on the ROLL arm.
The ROLL arm is connected to the roll motor (behind the camera) which is on the YAW arm.
The YAW arm connects to the yaw motor shaft at the top, and there is a small screw (allen or torx, I can't remember which) to tighten onto the yaw motor. If I find a pic, I'll add it here.

8f5f7124b3e861ba21d93a38be892a26.jpg

Last edited:
Almost looks like when the camera pans to the right and returns, it hits a hard stop. Maybe something binding or interfering in the gimbal?

-9 degrees? I'm a fairly new user but I understood you're not meant to be flying it at that temperature................ I'd try it again when its a bit warmer....... mind you, looking at that weather you might have to wait a while.

Almost looks like when the camera pans to the right and returns, it hits a hard stop. Maybe something binding or interfering in the gimbal?
just thought.... could it be a piece of ice on the gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj