Reality show use of Phantom

Reaction score
Anyone watch " Eaten Alive" last weekend? The film crew used a Phantom to get some aerial shots and to look for an anaconda in the rain forest.

I've seen quite a number of shows getting aerial shots with uav's.
"Ancient Aliens" guru Giorgio T. Now has one and is using it in the shows.
I suggested to Scott Wolter of "America Unearthed" to invest in one.
He likes the idea anyways.

I think once the shows use them more and more, the FAA will be practically forced to rethink its attack on their commercial applications.

Add to that the recent 'Pumpkin Chunkin' broadcast where the P2 shadow was obvious in a few shots and if you recall Adam Savage's admission of use on the MythBusters shows during the Aspire-1 announcement webcast.

According to the FAA, even DJI's use of unveiling the Aspire-1 was for a commercial purpose.

The show Gold Rush used a UAV in the prior weeks show. It showed its shadow when they were trying to move a trammel through a river. I guess that would be commercial use too. I hope they are one of the film companies that have a waiver:)

msinger said:
According to the FAA, even DJI's use of unveiling the Aspire-1 was for a commercial purpose.

...in a city, near a crowd, near an airport (I read somewhere).

Suwaneeguy said:
I've seen quite a number of shows getting aerial shots with uav's.
"Ancient Aliens" guru Giorgio T. Now has one and is using it in the shows.
I suggested to Scott Wolter of "America Unearthed" to invest in one.
He likes the idea anyways.

I think once the shows use them more and more, the FAA will be practically forced to rethink its attack on their commercial applications.
I like Scotts show. If he ever needs a phantom in Texas ... I'm available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.