Realistically.... In a crowded urban environment. What kind of range are you seeing with P3P/P3A?

Reaction score
Loving my standard to death, but I'm at the point where I have to decide to keep modding it, or just give in and get a P3P/P3A. In a crowded WiFi filled neighborhood I get maybe 3 to 4,000 feet realistically. This is with a DBS panel. I'm thinking of adding amps and stuff, but I don't want to spend, yet another, few hundred bucks if a Professional/Advanced can just get these distances right out of the box.

What distances are you guys seeing?

I have Alfa antennas (about $10.00 each) and get right at three miles. Some days more. But I have to keep the altitude up because I live in a location with a lot of hills and small mountains.

Three miles is not realistic in an urban environment like matt is describing. Matt I had a P3S and got around 2000ft in an extremely congested area (over 53 ssid's visible on my MacBook) and I switched to a pro a few weeks ago as it was a deal I could not pass up. I flew 3000ft with perfect signal and zero issues the first day. I also loved my standard but my controller was starting to look like doc browns from back to the future and I wanted something I could hold without hurting my back.

Reactions: Matts175
It depends on how urban, I guess. Your results may be different.

It depends on how urban, I guess. Your results may be different.

Well. If I plug my Alfa Wifi card into my tower PC and put a 8 dbi omni antenna on it, I can see around 100.... yes 100 different WiFi SSiDs just from this one spot. That's a lot. LOL.

Reactions: HWCM
in my city area I had about 2500 feet with the standard stock...Them upgrade to pro out of the box about 4-5000 feet ...got the windsurfers and wow when up to about 7-8000 got a dbs and nothing about the same alfa antennas helped a bit depending on the day I can get maybe about 10000 wish its still a little shy from 2 miles and all this its at H altitud....

3 miles its not realistic for me in my city Im hopping boosters will do the trick...

Well. If I plug my Alfa Wifi card into my tower PC and put a 8 dbi omni antenna on it, I can see around 100.... yes 100 different WiFi SSiDs just from this one spot. That's a lot. LOL.
Nevermind, I see he has a standard. I have an Advanced.
He is posting in the wrong forum. That explains the confusion.

Actually with the value of a used standard I would just keep it and get a pro .... they will last you twice more any way.... ;)

Nevermind, I see he has a standard. I have an Advanced.
He is posting in the wrong forum. That explains the confusion.

Yes, I own a standard. I'm not posting in the wrong section. Please slow down and re read my question.

I just upgraded from the standard to the advanced. My standard had the argtek antennas and I can say for sure that the stock advanced maintains a stronger signal and I get better distance with the advanced being stick. And the plus is you don't have to look like a weirdo with big antennas hanging all over the radio lol.

in my city area I had about 2500 feet with the standard stock...Them upgrade to pro out of the box about 4-5000 feet ...got the windsurfers and wow when up to about 7-8000 got a dbs and nothing about the same alfa antennas helped a bit depending on the day I can get maybe about 10000 wish its still a little shy from 2 miles and all this its at H altitud....

3 miles its not realistic for me in my city Im hopping boosters will do the trick...

windsurfers?

The P3 Advance or Professional would be the next logical step up in my opinion.
Having the advantage of using the same batteries as the Standard.

IMG_0484.PNG
windsurfers?

Yes , you are kidding ? :) I used that kind ... reflects the signal and turn stock antennas into directional... do a search it's all over ... best upgrade $ can buy as they are under $10 mostly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj