Realistic p3a range?

One way or round trip?

20,625 each way, 41250 round trip. i posted a screenshot earlier in the thread, the video posted is from furthest point to home point.

20,625 each way, 41250 round trip. i posted a screenshot earlier in the thread, the video posted is from furthest point to home point.
Wow, pretty amazing! Even more amazing that you still had 20% battery left when you landed

I'm in the suburbs but there are a lot of hills, trees, houses, etc. I usually fly pretty high (200+ ft altitude) and maintain visual LOS but once I hit around 2000 ft distance, I still lose video and/or RC connection gets weak. I usually turn back pretty quickly at that point.

I haven't had a chance to try to 3d print signal extenders yet so I'll see how it goes after I do that.

I am pretty surprised by all the long distance reports.
Is the AC still visible at such distances or do you fly on instruments only?
My furthest flight was about 1000m/3000ft and I felt quite uncomfortable because I could hardly see the AC.

I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with the range I've been getting with my P3A. Yesterday was my longest flight yet at 6500 ft one way and 13,526 ft total from my front yard in a suburban area with tons of WiFi signals and I still had video and control. Could have gone even further and that is stock, not even with windsurfers. I'm a happy camper! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj