Real or hoax? Phantom lifts chair.

Reaction score
It's 'real' in the sense the Phantom lifts something in the shape of a chair. Just don't try to sit on it. The styrofoam bits it's made of won't carry your weight.

that plastic chair probably weighs about two pounds.
Otherwise the phantom could not get the altitude it did.

Seems the light is pointing at the camera irregardless of angle and for the rope is miraculously visible form pretty much any distance. And somehow the Phantom can miraculously stay balanced while the chair attached to it gets sucked downwind. Spend 20 minutes shooting with your Phantom pulling up a string then another 20 minutes with Adobe After Effects and you too can do this.

The video is real, but the chair is fake. It's so obvious the way the chair floats around that it is made of Styrofoam or balsa wood and just a prop. Try sitting in it and bet it falls apart, still a fun prank to pull off.

Hehe I should do a similar video with my air jacks, hook my Phantom to the front bumper of my truck, then lift the front off the ground.

A giveaway is the segment between 40-50 seconds after the ascent where the Phantom hovers in GPS mode and the 'chair' is then blown quite a bit downwind to the left of the frame fitting something very light like a styrofoam object.

Also the movement/tumbling when descending and the vibrating of the back in the last second of the video when it hits the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj