Real Estate

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, now you are taking credit for the house sale because you simply captured what was there? The listing was clearly underpriced,

I went back and looked and it wasn't $108K it was actually $140K list price. Sold for $136K.

MLS. This wasn't the only home in that area and neighborhood like that for sale.
You can't search the MLS by photos. It is searched based upon price. In any event, I am not quibbling about your photographic skills, nor whether the photograph was good enough to encourage a buyer who saw it to want to see the house. That's it's only purpose. Buyer can expect an updated kitchen from the photo you supplied. That's it.

You don't have to be an agent to understand this.

Ostensibly...

There are plenty of things that can go wrong with this scenario. One could use professional services to lower their official commission

Wrong. Commissions are agreed on by the selling broker and seller. The agents do not determine commissions. An agent cannot tell another agent they'll pay less "official commission" because commission and is determined at time the listing agreement is signed.

What you're semi-correctly thinking you're describing isn't unethical; It's a kick back, and it is illegal. Doesn't matter if you have a license or not.

as to avoid paying higher brokerage fees.

See above.

Also many associations including my local association doesn't allow supra access for professional services. You are only supposed to use that access for showing homes to potential buyers.

So? You just don't walk into a house you don't have permission to be in. Just like any realtor who has a Supra key doesn't just walk into houses they're not showing or previewing. That's called breaking and entering. If you had an RE license and were taking photos, you'd schedule a session to photograph the property...like is done every single day licensee or not. Oh and boards don't determine who can or can't enter a home; the home owners do.

If you will have an interest in any property that you provide your professional service on you are supposed to notify all parties that you are a realtor.

Huh? If you're the listing agent or broker, and taking pictures for the listing, that's normal. If you're not the listing agent or broker, but hired to take pictures, there is no agency, and there is no requirement legally or ethically, to notify anyone. If you brought a buyer to the table, you'll be bound to an agency agreement with the buyer. If you're the listing agent, and bring a buyer to the table, you'll be in dual agency with both.

You're likely confusing the actual notion of professional services.You don't have to notify anyone you're a realtor if you're not engaging in agency. The listing agent needs to notify the seller of anyone providing services in conjunction with selling the property. This is regardless of they're a licensee:

"Realtors® shall not undertake to provide specialized professional services concerning a type of property or service that is outside their field of competence unless they engage the assistance of one who is competent on such types of property or service, or unless the facts are fully disclosed to the client. Any persons engaged to provide such assistance shall be so identified to the client and their contribution to the assignment should be set forth."

If the photographer is a licensee, and decides to bring a buyer to the table, the agency will be disclosed, ipso facto.

Also if you are an active realtor you can overhear confidential information that you shouldn't be privy too. This information could be used unfairly if you decide to bring a buyer to the table.

Uh, ok. Same could happen if you are in Starbucks behind the listing agent on the phone with the seller. The onus is on the listing agent not to divulge confidential information about the seller. The onus is on the buyer's agent not to divulge confidential info about the buyer. In exclusive agency scenarios, agents have no obligation to the opposite party.

Here, you should read this. You need to clear up a lot should you decide to become an agent someday.

Yes, I do understand fully.

Lol.

I went back and looked and it wasn't $108K it was actually $140K list price. Sold for $136K.
With all that interest and multiple offers, somebody screwed up by accepting an offer within 48 hours at $4,000 under ask! Either the seller was desperate, or the listing agent screwed his client out of more money from a competeive bidding situation, when the home had barely been exposed to the market. Your good photo certainly would have been more of a contributing factor over a longer time on the market, to generate an even higher price from more bids from more interest.

Uh, ok. Same could happen if you are in Starbucks behind the listing agent on the phone with the seller. The onus is on the listing agent not to divulge confidential information about the seller. The onus is on the buyer's agent not to divulge confidential info about the buyer. In exclusive agency scenarios, agents have no obligation to the opposite party.

Having worked in a profession dealing with classified information I can say with confidence you are totally wrong.

With all that interest and multiple offers, somebody screwed up by accepting an offer within 48 hours at $4,000 under ask! Either the seller was desperate, or the listing agent screwed his client out of more money from a competeive bidding situation, when the home had barely been exposed to the market. Your good photo certainly would have been more of a contributing factor over a longer time on the market, to generate an even higher price from more bids from more interest.

I personally think $140K was too high for that home. Nobody screwed up. There are many factors that are involved. I remember we put an offer on a home several years ago. The deciding factor was loan type. Both of the offers were the same amount. The only difference was the other offer was a conventional loan and ours was a USDA. They chose the conventional loan offer due to a faster closing.

I have actually been in situations where I and many others have received emails containing classified of which we were not authorized to view. If we did view it we were to self report the incident and were to be debriefed about the information. Just because you "accidentally" overhear a conversation doesn't mean you can ethically use that information for you or your clients gain. A person with integrity would stay away from that deal. It's the same way in the industry I work in do CAD design work. I've been working in the government contract work for years and I can't take insider information from one company to the next. I would seriously question a realtors integrity if they were doing such a thing. Just because it's seemingly just laid out there for the world to hear doesn't give you the right to take advantage of the situation. I would dare say if that was ever found out you did something like that you could possibly lose your license.

Huh? If you're the listing agent or broker, and taking pictures for the listing, that's normal. If you're not the listing agent or broker, but hired to take pictures, there is no agency, and there is no requirement legally or ethically, to notify anyone. If you brought a buyer to the table, you'll be bound to an agency agreement with the buyer. If you're the listing agent, and bring a buyer to the table, you'll be in dual agency with both.

You're likely confusing the actual notion of professional services.You don't have to notify anyone you're a realtor if you're not engaging in agency. The listing agent needs to notify the seller of anyone providing services in conjunction with selling the property. This is regardless of they're a licensee:

"Realtors® shall not undertake to provide specialized professional services concerning a type of property or service that is outside their field of competence unless they engage the assistance of one who is competent on such types of property or service, or unless the facts are fully disclosed to the client. Any persons engaged to provide such assistance shall be so identified to the client and their contribution to the assignment should be set forth."

If the photographer is a licensee, and decides to bring a buyer to the table, the agency will be disclosed, ipso facto.

I'm not referring to realtors who take their own photos. I'm referring to realtors who offer professional services to other realtors such as photography. If it wasn't disclosed ahead of time the realtor/photographer could gain information from the seller that they otherwise would not be privy too. As a real estate photographer I hear all sorts of information that potential buyers would never hear. A lot of this information would give the potential buyer an unfair advantage.

I have actually been in situations where I and many others have received emails containing classified of which we were not authorized to view. If we did view it we were to self report the incident and were to be debriefed about the information. Just because you "accidentally" overhear a conversation doesn't mean you can ethically use that information for you or your clients gain.

Incorrect.

First, you're mixing up legality and ethics. Secondly, it may actually be against the law for you to read those emails.

That example is not even from the real estate industry...non sequitur

It is not against the law to overhear information or legally find out motives of the opposing party. It's actually your job as a realtor.

I have actually been in situations where I and many others have received emails containing classified of which we were not authorized to view. If we did view it we were to self report the incident and were to be debriefed about the information.

More anecdotal experience, and in a completely unrelated industry which is meaningless. Again, you're comparing legally classified government info to personal intentions for buying or selling a home? You're not even in the same book, let alone same page. Again, non sequitur.

Just because you "accidentally" overhear a conversation doesn't mean you can ethically use that information for you or your clients gain. A person with integrity would stay away from that deal.

100% untrue. If you overheard, say, that the sellers were getting divorced and needed to sell quickly and would accept $X, your argument is that you cannot use that info to advise your buyer? That's simply wrong. You'd walk away from the deal? THAT could actually get you in trouble, lol. If you found out information that could help your clients, and not through illegal means, and you withheld that info from your clients, you could lose your license.

It's the same way in the industry I work in do CAD design work. I've been working in the government contract work for years and I can't take insider information from one company to the next. I would seriously question a realtors integrity if they were doing such a thing. Just because it's seemingly just laid out there for the world to hear doesn't give you the right to take advantage of the situation. I would dare say if that was ever found out you did something like that you could possibly lose your license.

More anecdotal experience, and in a completely unrelated industry which is meaningless. Lol.

As a real estate photographer I hear all sorts of information that potential buyers would never hear. A lot of this information would give the potential buyer an unfair advantage.

The listing agent is violating the code of ethics or the law then, if they're the source of "all sorts of information". If you found out information regarding the opposing party in a transaction, through legal channels, that helps your client, it's your fiduciary responsibility to inform them.

You know so little about real estate law and ethics, it's actually remarkable.

Incorrect.

First, you're mixing up legality and ethics. Secondly, it may actually be against the law for you to read those emails.

That example is not even from the real estate industry...non sequitur

It is not against the law to overhear information or legally find out motives of the opposing party. It's actually your job as a realtor.

More anecdotal experience, and in a completely unrelated industry which is meaningless. Again, you're comparing legally classified government info to personal intentions for buying or selling a home? You're not even in the same book, let alone same page. Again, non sequitur.

100% untrue. If you overheard, say, that the sellers were getting divorced and needed to sell quickly and would accept $X, your argument is that you cannot use that info to advise your buyer? That's simply wrong. You'd walk away from the deal? THAT could actually get you in trouble, lol. If you found out information that could help your clients, and not through illegal means, and you withheld that info from your clients, you could lose your license.

More anecdotal experience, and in a completely unrelated industry which is meaningless. Lol.

The listing agent is violating the code of ethics or the law then, if they're the source of "all sorts of information". If you found out information regarding the opposing party in a transaction, through legal channels, that helps your client, it's your fiduciary responsibility to inform them.

You know so little about real estate law and ethics, it's actually remarkable.
Like I've said before and will say it again it takes integrity to do the correct thing. Obviously your comments have shown you have zero. You have no business being in the RE industry. You are the type that gives the industry a bad reputation.

Like I've said before and will say it again it takes integrity to do the correct thing. Obviously your comments have shown you have zero. You have no business being in the RE industry. You are the type that gives the industry a bad reputation.

Lmao...K.

Your reading and writing ability, general lack of comprehension and repeated use of fallacy and non sequitur have shown you're utterly clueless. I've been in and on forums for a long time. You are literally the most consistently and reliably incorrect individual I've come across, maybe ever. Casting perfunctory, unlettered aspersions about others' integrity based having no knowledge of the subject matter, is the very definition of unintelligent and average...quite possibly the two worst things to be.

Cheers, mate. GG :D

looking-eyes-transparent.gif

Why not just take the pictures and leave them alone? Why make them all pretty then the buyer turns up and says Shyte honey this isn't like the pictures I seen lol

Anybody done any real estate video? What are the price points?
Assuming since you - the OP - are asking on this drone forum, you will need of course to factor-in the market you are in and the size/type of listing, I'd say add the video clip(s) to whatever your package costs, the same way you would ground-based video. That is, if your interior/exterior still photo package is 65 dollars, and adding a virtual (photo) tour is 35 more, and adding video clips to the tour (now a hybrid tour) is another 35+, then an aerial clip or two - which is realistically only perhaps 30s to 1min edited length - just add a little more premium, say 20 more dollars.

Those here in the Forum who may gasp at my low prices (I live in a small town) might simply apply an artificial "index price of 1.00" to the above. In other words, figure out what your basic still package is and compare it to my suggested basic level of 1.00, so if your basic package, in your own market is $75, then your multipliers would be approximately 1.00x75 + .5x75 + .5x75 + .3x75. Obviously, that is only a suggestion, so take it as you like.

To be truthful, you really need to study your own market as stated earlier. And do please take others' advice that except for truly fabulous properties or those on a lake or beach, you may have to offer combo packages to remain solvent. Regarding agents that take their own photos and videos (with or without a drone), they are not any sort of threat to your business. In fact, they may be some of your best advertisers, unknowingly, if they are crummy at it. Hehe

Oh, one more thought. I have gotten a LOT of business by encouraging agents to state that they use "only professional photography" at their listing appointments. It is all about "differentiation," my friend. A good agent wants to stand out from the crowd in all ways possible.

Reactions: Novum Dives
FYI...Unless you have ties to either family members who are realtors or close friends...you will not make a living from aerial real estate photography. Most realtors want an all in one package including the MLS 29 photos of the interior so be prepared to go up against all those photographers who have been doing the interiors for years for $150-200 and they are now throwing in the drone shots for the same or maybe another $25 bucks.

FYI...Unless you have ties to either family members who are realtors or close friends...you will not make a living from aerial real estate photography. Most realtors want an all in one package including the MLS 29 photos of the interior so be prepared to go up against all those photographers who have been doing the interiors for years for $150-200 and they are now throwing in the drone shots for the same or maybe another $25 bucks.
Good video editing and drone shots along with certifications/insurance can make this more lucrative than you suggest. Word of mouth and the market you work in are also important. I can certainly appreciate protecting your best interest if that's the case but without divulging my location I'm not too leary to say my friend in the business who I've been learning from gets 500 for half day and 1000 for a full day. It does include interior shots which are amazing using the Osmo.The video editing consumes about 80% of this time. And many times the editing is farmed out. "Make a living" is a relative term so I'm not able to address that with certainty. What holds a lot of guys back is constant reinvestment and trying to morph into something bigger. Find your niche and do great work so that word of mouth will bring you more business. Although many will disagree but when starting out it is not a bad idea to do a few jobs at no cost to display yourself and get experience. You may be out The time and about 75 bucks in editing if you use a 3rd party however it can be the ice breaker as long as you can determine the realtor is serious about using your services if you can impress them. In our experience and housing market it's also important to remember this is something that is most relevant for homes going for about $750,000 and up.

Reactions: VAIL8150
Lmao...K.

Your reading and writing ability, general lack of comprehension and repeated use of fallacy and non sequitur have shown you're utterly clueless. I've been in and on forums for a long time. You are literally the most consistently and reliably incorrect individual I've come across, maybe ever. Casting perfunctory, unlettered aspersions about others' integrity based having no knowledge of the subject matter, is the very definition of unintelligent and average...quite possibly the two worst things to be.

Cheers, mate. GG :D

You obviously have little knowledge about real estate photography. You also appear to have little to no knowledge about real estate. You've shown consistently that you have no clue as to what you are talking about. I'm around many successful realtors and constantly ask questions. I do know what I'm talking about. Obviously you're butt hurt because someone on a forum called you out for the fraud that you are.

I've been in and on forums for a long time. You are literally the most consistently and reliably incorrect individual I've come across, maybe ever.

I've been on forums a very long time as well. This is a very common argument used to try to tear the other person down. I see it time and time again. Everybody that disagrees with someone on a forum is always the worst. I'm sure that's what you said about the last person that disagreed with you and I'm certain that I'm not the last person you will use that comment on.

When a person gets on a forum and calls Mike Kelley's work mediocre I know they are a fraud. BTW you do realize that the image you called mediocre is right in the mix with all of the other photos of his best work. It's in his portfolio on his webpage! I highly doubt he would put mediocre work on his webpage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31