Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Real estate shot

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Sledge, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Sledge

Shot from today.....I might have to photoshop that ugly grass.

Do u think I have a bad lens or not?....it does get a little soft on sides...especially with the lens correction.

This was cropped a little too.

Attached Files:

2. kydan

That left side is a bit blurry. What did you shoot it with?

3. FSJ Guy

Left side is soft. Also, don't forget to correct the keystone distortion. : D

4. Sledge

This was shot with the FC200 ....I was going to try and return it but have had miserable response from DJI and DJI America.

I did do some keystone correction.....I tend to go about half way on that to keep some of the original perspective, bit perhaps not enough on this one.

What can I do about this camera? I'm currently considering a new bird that can carry the NEX 7 or GH3 etc. studying the anticipated HX3 release very closely.

5. MrDRC

Here is one of my real estate shots. Its with the ragecam lens.

[​IMG]

6. FSJ Guy

Keystoning isn't too bad, really. I usually correct it when I can.

I understand wanting to leave a little bit in for "perspective". I will sometimes do that if the correction has to be too extreme.

I'd send it back and ask for a new camera, really. Ragecams has been hit or miss. Some people get their cameras back in working order, but some don't. :shock: For $400, that's a huge risk IMHO. Especially given the owner's behavior on this forum.

DJI should replace your camera for free.

Good luck!

7. Sledge

I'd love to send it back and get a new one, but I can't be without for that long due to shoots I need to do in the meantime.

It would be great to be able to cross shipment : pay for the new one and get a refund for the bad one when they receive it. I proposed this to DJI but they never responded.

8. Scottrod

Keep an eye on eBay too.

9. Mosleyh

On the subject of real estate shots, I'd be curious to know what the market will bear as far as price. I've seen a variety of advertised prices, but just because someone is advertising that price doesn't necessarily mean that they're getting it.

Anyone care to share?

10. Sledge

Thanks Scottrod...if I bought on eBay I'd be concerned whether the camera was the new "non-blurred" vintage...is there any way to know this?