Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Real estate listing?

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by JBurton, Sep 16, 2015.

1. JBurton

What do you guys charge for real estate listings? I'm trying to work through the the math.
    Travel charges?
    Actual flight time?
    Edit time?

Flat rate or per hour charge?

2. Look eyes

I have been trying to market my drone for jobs is it that real estate is a good field .. I live in the Caribbean. What is real estate listings..... *hides face

3. Vanjo Grale

I don't charge my wife anything to stay quasi-legal, but I know the local pilots who do, and it starts at $100 and goes to $500 depending on how many shots, if there's video, etc.

4. tcope

Your wife's money is your money. So you'd both be making income from the sale of the home. Personally I say everyone should do what they want, I have no issue with that.

5. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Correct. In the eyes of the FAA you're together and if your flying furthers her business then they have a problem with that.

Is that "right"? Not really but what can you do?

In regards to charging it depends on the job. Each one is a little different.

How far are you traveling?
    What are they expecting from you? (images, video, both)
    Do they need any editing?

My prices start at $225 and the sky is the limit from there. I can assure you that for $225 I'm not doing any editing and I won't be on site for very long. I have one Architect who keeps me on "retainer" and he gets a better rate simply because I do a LOT of easy work for him. Everyone else pays a premium and they do it with a smile on their face.

Whatever you do you've got to make money at it and I'm not talking about just lunch money. Keep in mind you're accepting a lot of risk, legal implications, insurance, replacement aircraft and so much more. If you can't do it and make $$$ then don't do it at all.