Real Estate example [phantom 2]

Nice video, but that house is AWESOME!!!!! Love the waterfall at the 12 person hot tub!!!

Great video! I really like the opening shot through the trees.

Really nice. Only suggestion I see is to slow down, fly in ATTI and let it drift as much as possible. That way, if you need to speed up in post production the video doesn't shake as much because the path is smoother and straighter. Not sure if that makes sense.

If there are no moving objects like people or cars or water, there will be less motion blur if you fly slower and speed up in post.

Shadows are a beast. You see the drone shadow on the ground in a lot of the video as well, which distracts. Plan your shots around the time of day and shadows.

I agree with others on slowing down the video in post production. 60/120fps is our friend. Also, I know you want to use HD, but don't go so high res that it limits what you can do in post.

Regarding the shots, the entry shot through the trees is a great shot, it creates anticipation and intrigue. The home is landscaped great, take advantage of better lighting to show that off. Is there exterior illumination? If so, shoot some of the shots at dusk with lights on for dramatic effect. I would also keep the shots "tighter" and not show as much of the neighborhood. I know that is harder, but if you have a diamond of a home in a crappy neighborhood, that is important...I know at least once in the video it looked like perhaps there was a trailer park next to the home.

MUSIC - this is my passion as it relates to video production because to me if the music captivates and increases production value, then it exponentially improves the video. I know we want to use nice relaxing instrumentals with RE videos, but IMO I was expecting a massage therapist to come out and start oiling me up.

Sometimes imitation is not a bad thing. Watch HGTV and see how they utilize their shots in a lot of their shows. A shot from 20' in the air is no more interesting than one at eye level unless the subject is interesting. In other words, not everything should be in the video. Look for angles and shots that are visually pleasing to the eye.

Hope that wasn't harsh, just reality is great video will help sell homes.

I've climbed that hill.
Morgan Hill, CA?

Another suggestion that someone I was shooting for gave me really works. Try to move in at least 2 directions, but 3 or 4 is even better.

Example. As you are moving to the side panning across a subject, turn the camera with the subject.
Even better. As you are moving to the side, fly quad up and tilt the camera down with the subject.

Try not to stop mid turn or tilt.

Good shots. What resolution and frame rate were you using?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20