Ready to install H3-3D, IOSD, Immersion 5.8 - Tips/Gotchas?

Reaction score
I've been flying and loving my P2 for a couple of weeks while I waited on the gimbal to get back in stock, and I have all of the FPV stuff ordered as well. It should all arrive this week.

My plan is to install the IOSD inside the shell, I really want a clean looking install. Are there any special "gotcha"s that I need to look our for?

Should I install one piece at a time and test fly? Or go for all at the same time? I do have a plug-n-play wiring harness.

Re: Ready to install H3-3D, IOSD, Immersion 5.8 - Tips/Gotch

rctoyguy said:
I've been flying and loving my P2 for a couple of weeks while I waited on the gimbal to get back in stock, and I have all of the FPV stuff ordered as well. It should all arrive this week.

My plan is to install the IOSD inside the shell, I really want a clean looking install. Are there any special "gotcha"s that I need to look our for?

Should I install one piece at a time and test fly? Or go for all at the same time? I do have a plug-n-play wiring harness.

I'll fire off a few things here:
I recommend connecting the USB-out on your GoPro camera directly to the video in of your transmitter bypassing the internal video wiring as many users have reported white lines/video interference. See the following post of mine: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23576#p216722

Before you close up the phantom, make sure to test the transmitter/receiver for video signal. You may also need to plug the iOSD in to your computer with USB if your receiver is cutting off the sides of the telemetry data. The iOSD software allows you to move the telemetry data in from the sides so that it isn't cut off. You'll obviously need to do this before you permanently mount your iOSD inside of your P2.

Double check all of your wiring connections before you solder.

Use heat shrink if possible and slide it onto the the wire BEFORE you solder!

Make sure your gimbal interference board wiring is correct.

Re: Ready to install H3-3D, IOSD, Immersion 5.8 - Tips/Gotch

I just installed the same setup for someone yesterday, it's a piece of cake. Moved the canbus port inside so only external parts are the gimbal and Immersion Tx

wFI8mZcl.jpg

H0iIxkal.jpg

iOSD mini is attached to mainboard by 2 layers of 3M double-sided tape, which also act as a riser to help it fit in the spot you see there.

I'd suggest just wiring all the FPV components first to make sure they work when powered on and you get the image and iOSD data on the screen. Then put in the final install locations and test again before closing up the Phantom. Then fly.

I've recently tried installing this exact setup but I am only receiving iOSD data on screen and not image from GoPro. When I disconnect the the plug n play cable and immersion transmitter and reconnect the original FPV AVL58 transmitter I end up with both the iosd and GoPro image. Any suggestions as to what I might possibly be missing?

I've done a lot of research and have not found a solution. I'm using a gopro 3, and have the plug and play connected from the camera to iosd mini, and from the mini to the immersion, I get flight data but no image. To trouble shoot I plugged in a fatshark camera and was able to get video, just no luck with the gopro. Any information on this thread would be helpful!

Is the GoPro set to PAL?

So this morning i checked all my wiring and everything was fine. I have a gopro 3 and 3+ and had been using the 3 with the grey issue. When i swapped cameras it works fine with the 3+. I double checked all the gopro settings and couldnt figure it out. So it wasnt the wiring. Plug maybe?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan