Ready To Go Test

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 with H3-2D, GoPro 3, AVL58, Flytrex, mini iOSD, CAN HUB, 2.4 Datalink and Black Pearl FPV Monitor. I am using PC Ground Station on a Toughbook and everything works nicely without an external battery. I was able to setup a 6 point mission and upload. Not sure how to enable the mission from the transmitter but I got a feeling a mission can be setup and uploaded and then the data link can be removed. I was okay with fpv and flytrex external wiring but can bus and 2.4 data link is too much.

Anyway, I plan on testing tomorrow at my favorite location and I will followup with pictures and videos.

4/2/2014
Successfully flew a three waypoint, continuous route for 300 seconds at 10 feet today. The stop and turns were just that and the forward motion to the next point was instant attitude and forward it went. The P2 never touched the ground but sure didn't maintain altitude. It would get low on the flight path but rise at the waypoints. At 300 seconds it went into failsafe, rose to 50m and returned to home and landed. Overall I am quite pleased with PC ground station. Still not sure how to properly switch back to RC transmitter.

Bill_Burkert said:
Yes, because mini iOSD and 2.4 Datalink are can bus devices.
I thought that you can plug the datalink into spare port of mini osd that's what is there for

Iceman said:
Bill_Burkert said:
I thought that you can plug the datalink into spare port of mini osd that's what is there for

You can, I've done this and have an unused can hub sitting here lol

Iceman said:
Bill_Burkert said:

Bingo ;)

Like Dave also confirms, it works just fine going connecting the Data Link to the spare canbus port on the iOSD mini...saves a bunch of space and weight that way.

Goodbye CAN HUB. That is cleaner and lighter. I can live with this under belly mess while I enjoy FPV and GS. I am sure some crafty individuals will come up with tear down and solder. Now I dream of H3-3D.

Bill_Burkert said:
Goodbye CAN HUB. That is cleaner and lighter. I can live with this under belly mess while I enjoy FPV and GS. I am sure some crafty individuals will come up with tear down and solder. Now I dream of H3-3D.

I actually have everything mounted inside except my fpv transmitter, bit cramped, but it all fits..... just.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1396121191.037513.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1396121191.037513.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 458
Cr8tive_leo said:
Sighs... nada should be touching the FC.

Source?

From the moaning of a lot of people on here about drift etc I'd say my phantom flies better than most, so doesn't seem to be affecting anything

Cr8tive_leo said:
davemcm said:
Cr8tive_leo said:
Sighs... nada should be touching the FC.

Source?

From the moaning of a lot of people on here about drift etc I'd say my phantom flies better than most, so doesn't seem to be affecting anything

DJI Manual and years of experience.

Good to know. Haven't ever seen that in any (dji) manuals, and have seen people mount many a thing (iOSD, Bluetooth unit, etc.) on top of naza's on f550 installs etc.

Edit: Just checked the manual can't see anything about it, the best I can find is:

Main Controller(MC) Mount:(1)The DJI logo should face the sky, DO NOT mount the MC upside-down. (2)The MC sides should be parallel to the aircraft body. (3)The arrow should point to the nose direction of aircraft. (4)he MC is best positioned near the aircraft’s center of gravity. Make sure all ports are accessible. Tip: It is recommended to fix the MC until all wirings and configurations are completed, using 3M gummed paper provided to fix the MC

It does mention however that the V2 PMU should not be mounted on any other device...

PMU Module Mount:DO NOT attach the PMU on other device. Sufficient air flow over the PMU is highly recommended.

Care to point me in the right direction of where it mentions this in the manual? Genuinely interested to learn about this and see if I need to be re-doing my full setup

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers