Ready to fly over water

I like your post! It makes me remember - that it is too cold sometimes.
IMG_20150622_172131.jpg

test it on land first. the bird's flight characteristics are going to be way different.
can't wait to see the video :)

Im sorry, I thought you were kidding by the pic. If u hit the water instead of the craft dipping down slightly in the water that foam is going to cause it to go end over end. Gimbal down into the water.

Im gonna test tomorrow and see if it interferes with anything... If not why not....

BTW, you don't need the upper ones. Make longer angled floats for the skids. Look on youtube there are videos showing phantoms landing on water with the angled skids.

Sammynels, that looks great where and how the hell did you land; being on the boat that is?

I can't answer for him. But what I would do - and I "land" like this all the time - is hand-catch the P3. I gently hover it where I can get a good grip on the landing gear, grab it and go throttle down until motors off. No worrying about landing into stuff that might hurt the camera/gimbal. And I an get it down anywhere anytime.

PS: Awesome video.

Bad idea. I used these (see photo) on my phantom 2. I tested the weight on a scale and they should carry at least 1,7 KG. The purpose is just to avoid 1000 euro sinking onto the bottom of a lake. I have put these floaters in such a way that the gimbal does not touch and the camera is 90% free when facing down. It also very stable in flight.

Attachments

• IMG_6246.JPG
    IMG_6246.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 252
You wouldn't believe the size of the puddle I flew over last Friday. I live in the NM High Desert. Lots of rain and we're near flooded.

That puddle had no effect on the P3P......:)

Reactions: Pumpfixer
It honestly was a joke putting the verticle floaties... But was going to use the skid ones to prevent sinking to the bottom of ocean in case of a malfunction.....I always hand catch, never would I try to land on the water unless it was an emergency.....

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4