Ready to fly from box?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Little unaware of really what needs to be setup in terms of applications, firmware etc with the P2 + GoPro 4.

I've set the drone up,charged battery, calibrated then starting flying with the GoPro4... no FPV :(

As far as I'm concerned, unlike the P2V there's no application to be installed etc?

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

The P2 is the modders dream. You can set it up anyway you want, no applications needed. I would suggest you get a DVR/monitor and the iOSD mini so you can see and save your telemetry. I also use a Flytrex Core to save detailed telemetry to a micro card. And don't forget a GPS tracker for peace of mind. What you add to it really depends on your budget and what you want to do with it.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Have uploaded a few of my stills already.

I went to buy the longer wider landing gear but later found it wouldn't work as I have the older landing gear with the GPS built in differently :( - This one here DJI Phantom 1 / 2 General Heighten Landing Gear

Can't find anything else in my country that would work. (New Zealand)

Sorry, yes I meant the compass. Mine is an exposed chip attached to the outside of the gear.

Do more research on that... there are ways around it. Others have sucsessfully remounted it, like those who mounted retractable landing gear.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub