Read SD card from Phantom or remove card and read ?

Reaction score
I know that P2V+ had overheat problems when reading big files from the camera. Do you take the card out and then read it or connect Phantom to PC and transfer movies ?

Also, what camera setup will give me punchier colors like GoPro ? Now the colors are flat and I hate that, I like them to be more vivid.
I have downloaded Adobe Premiere and learning to edit there but until then I dont want to make those pale color movies. Unfortunately I cannot edit movies in GoPro Studio which was perfect for my needs.

Do you take the card out and then read it or connect Phantom to PC and transfer movies ?
You don't have to take the memory card out, but the data will transfer faster. And, it would be best to use a USB 3.0 memory card reader in a USB 3.0 port (if you have one). This Transcend memory card reader is inexpensive and works well for me.

Well it is easier to do it like that. Will get some USB reader if cheapo from Ebay will be too slow. Tnx

The Transcend reader is a great item for us Drone enthusiasts. It's small size makes it ideal to use as "shuttle' for micro-SD cards. I bought 4, numbered them, and keep them in my drone case, each holding it's own memory card. As needed, I swap the memory from my drone straight into the Transcend adapter. At the end of the day, I carry the adapters in and download them directly into my PC. It keeps me from repeated handling and possibly losing or damaging my tiny memory cards. Plus, this adapter's a solid USB 3.0, so it is extremely fast!
It's also worthy to note that it is compatible with all my USB ports on all my devices, not something I can say about all my adapters, for sure.
NOTE: I don't use the larger SD slot, so It doesn't matter to me, but if you try to use it with both SD and Micro-SD slots loaded at the same time, your computer will not see it.
The Anker USB 3 hub shown lets me connect all 4 at once. It came from Amazon, as well. The hub was less than $17, I believe.
The Hub:
Amazon.com: Anker USB 3.0 4-Port Portable Aluminum Hub with 2-Foot USB 3.0 Cable (Carbon): Computers & Accessories
The Reader (in white):
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJRS8F8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
case.jpg
hub.jpg

I'm a big fan of the USB port. I've sent both of my Phantoms in for repair previously due to gimbal faults. As such, not the biggest fan of touching the gimbal at all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic